wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
If the temperature of a gas decreases:
 A) molecular activity increases
  B) molecular activity decreases
  C) molecular activity remains the same
  D) the concentration gradient increases

Q. 2  Which of the following are assumptions regarding the kinetic theory of gases?
  I. Gases are composed of discrete molecules.
  II. Gas molecules are in random motion.
  III. All collisions between molecules are elastic in nature.
  IV. Temperature affects the molecular activity.
 A) I
  B) I and II
  C) I, II, and III
  D) I, II, III, and IV

Q. 3  While the therapist provides HFJV to a neonate, which of the following factors serve as the basis for establishing ventilator settings? I. peak and airway pressure monitoring II. arterial blood gas data III. capnography data IV. visual inspection of the neonate's thorax

A. I, II only
  B. II, III only
  C. I, II, III only
  D. I, II, IV only

Q. 4  The therapist is setting up an INOvent to administer inhaled NO to a neonatal patient. The therapist wants to deliver a concentration of 20 ppm of NO to this patient. What must the therapist do to the INOvent before attaching it to the patient?

A. Disconnect the INOvent from the Y-piece in the inspiratory breathing circuit before turning on the flowmeter.
  B. Turn off the following alarms before setting the O2 flow and the injector: loss of gas pressure, calibration required, and delivery system failure.
  C. Set an O2 flow of 15 L/minute and squeeze the bag four times to clear residual NO2.
  D. Activate the dual channels to control NO delivery and to monitor the INOvent output.

Q. 5  A patient is receiving iNO via the INOvent delivery system. The therapist is concerned that the patient will not receive a constant NO concentration because the patient experiences altered ventilatory flow patterns. What should the therapist do to ensure that a constant NO concentration is delivered to the patient?

A. Do nothing because the INOvent ensures that a constant NO concentration is delivered.
  B. Set the INOvent on the variable ventilatory pattern mode to ensure a constant NO concentration is delivered.
  C. Activate the injection module on the INOvent to ensure a constant NO concentration is delivered.
  D. Because the range of variation of the delivered iNO dose is so small, the concern is unimportant.

Q. 6  What physiologic response is caused by inhaled nitric oxide?

A. systemic vasodilatation
  B. pulmonary vasodilatation
  C. increased cardiac output
  D. increased gastrointestinal motility
Read 41 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
(Answer to Q. 1)  B

(Answer to Q. 2)  D

(Answer to Q. 3)  ANS: D
A. Incorrect response: See explanation D.
B. Incorrect response: See explanation D.
C. Incorrect response: See explanation D.
D. Correct response: Ventilation settings used with jet ventilators are usually established according to peak and mean airway pressure monitoring, visual inspection of chest movement, and arterial blood gas data.

(Answer to Q. 4)  ANS: C
A. Incorrect response: See explanation C.
B. Incorrect response: See explanation C.
C. Correct response: A manual NO delivery system is provided by the INOvent delivery system. With an O2 flow to the manual ventilator set at 15 L/minute, INOvent injects gas to provide an NO concentration of 20 ppm. As with any manual ventilator system for NO, the bag should be squeezed three to five times to clear residual NO2 before the ventilator is attached to the patient.
D. Incorrect response: See explanation C.

(Answer to Q. 5)  ANS: A
A. Correct response: The INOvent has an injection module that is inserted into the inspiratory circuit at the outlet of the ventilator. The injection module consists of a hot film flow sensor and a gas injection tube. Flow in the ventilator circuit is measured precisely, and NO is injected proportional to that flow to provide the desired NO dose. This design enables a precise and constant NO concentration in the inspired gas for any ventilatory pattern NO flows through either a high- or a low-flow controller. The high- and low-flow controllers ensure that the delivered NO concentration is accurate over a wide range of ventilator flows and desired NO concentrations.
B. Incorrect response: See explanation A.
C. Incorrect response: See explanation A.
D. Incorrect response: See explanation A.

(Answer to Q. 6)  ANS: B
A. Incorrect response: See explanation B.
B. Correct response: Nitric oxide (NO) is a selective endogenous pulmonary vasodilator. When administered therapeutically, NO still functions as a selective pulmonary vasodilator for the treatment of pulmonary hypertension. The description, selective pulmonary vasodilator, means that NO reduces pulmonary vascular resistance without affecting systemic vascular resistance. At the same time, that description also means that pulmonary vascular resistance decreases only near ventilated alveoli. The results of inhaled NO are a decrease in intrapulmonary shunting and improved oxygenation. NO does not produce systemic vasodilatation because it rapidly binds to hemoglobin.
C. Incorrect response: See explanation B.
D. Incorrect response: See explanation B.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1081 People Browsing
 137 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who's your favorite biologist?
Votes: 587

Previous poll results: How often do you eat-out per week?