a
t
i
r
miguelb80 miguelb80
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Put quotations where necessary in the following sentences. An answer key follows.
  I hope you learned a lesson from this exclaimed Grandfather.

What will be an ideal response?

Ques. 2

For each of the following items, choose the answer that illustrates the correct punctuation.
  After years of litigation, the often bought Twain tale was finally published in Atlantic magazine
  in 2001.

a. After years of litigation, the often bought Twain tale was finally published in Atlantic
  magazine in 2001.
  b. After year's of litigation, the often-bought Twain tale was finally published in Atlantic
  magazine in 2001.
  c. After years of litigation, the often-bought Twain tale was finally published in Atlantic
  magazine in 2001.

Ques. 3

Put quotations where necessary in the following sentences. An answer key follows.
  Would you like to watch the football game, asked Mother, after we eat Thanksgiving
  dinner?

Ques. 4

For each of the following items, choose the answer that illustrates the correct punctuation.
  In 1876 Mark Twain wrote the novel A Murder a Mystery and a Marriage which he hoped to
  publish in Atlantic Monthly magazine as part of a writing contest however no other authors
  joined the contest.

a. In 1876 Mark Twain wrote the novel A Murder, a Mystery, and a Marriage, which he
  hoped to publish in Atlantic Monthly magazine, as part of a writing contest; however, no
  other authors joined the contest.
  b. In 1876 Mark Twain wrote the novel A Murder, a Mystery, and a Marriage, which he
  hoped to publish in Atlantic Monthly magazine, as part of a writing contest, however, no
  c. In 1876 Mark Twain wrote the novel A Murder, a Mystery, and a Marriage' which he
  hoped to publish in Atlantic Monthly magazine as part of a writing contest however no

Ques. 5

The essay Graduation comes from Maya Angelou's book I Know Why the Caged Bird
  Sings.

Ques. 6

The poem Ode to a Great City originally titled Chicago was read by actor Tom Hanks he said.

a. The poem Ode to a Great City, originally titled Chicago, was read by actor Tom
  Hanks, he said.
  b. The poem Ode to a Great City' originally titled Chicago' was read by actor Tom
  Hanks, he said.
  c. The poem  Ode to a Great City  (originally titled Chicago) was read by actor Tom
  Hanks. he said.

Ques. 7

Have you read the poem The Road Not Taken?

Read 41 times
3 Replies