× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
Lmac200 Lmac200
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
6 years ago
The following is a comma-splice: At the grocery store I purchased several items: shampoo, ice cream, and dog food, however, I forgot milk and eggs.

Indicate whether the statement is true or false

Ques. 2

Run-on sentences occur when clauses are improperly joined to form compound and compound-complex sentences.

Ques. 3

Which of the choices corrects the comma-splice? My dog sometimes escapes from the backyard, we are forced to search the neighborhood for him.

a) Since my dog sometimes escapes from the backyard, we are forced to search the neighborhood for him.
  b) My dog sometimes escapes from the backyard so we are forced to search the neighborhood for him.
  c) My dog sometimes escapes from the backyard; so we are forced to search the neighborhood for him.

Ques. 4

The following is a fused sentence: We vacationed on the world's largest cruise liner it was approximately the same height as the Statue of Liberty.

Ques. 5

Which of the choices corrects the run-on sentence? Phil told me about losing his job, house, and dog I no longer felt so bad about the ink stain on my new shirt.

a) Phil told me about losing his job, house, and dog, I no longer felt so bad about the ink stain on my new shirt.
  b) When Phil told me about losing his job, house, and dog, I no longer felt so bad about the ink stain on my new shirt.
  c) Phil told me about losing his job, house, and dog; I no longer felt so bad about the ink stain on my new shirt.

Ques. 6

Which of the following sentences contains no punctuation error?

a) Mean Mike, the insult comedian, always considered entertaining the hospice patients a tough gig.
  b) Todd had always dreamt of being a trapeze artist; however his fear of heights proved to be a liability.
  c) You will want to pack carefully for a trip to Antarctica; for example, thermal underwear, a scarf, and a thick stocking cap.

Ques. 7

The following is a compound sentence: Rudy is a great pianist; he has played since he was a child.

Ques. 8

Which of the following contains a comma splice?

a) For the members of the cannibal tribe, the having a friend over for dinner joke never lost its appeal.
  b) Since he had first arrived at boot camp, Jessie had been feeling homesick.
  c) We were the last to arrive, however, no one seemed to notice.
Read 50 times
3 Replies