c
l
e
s
slayer909 slayer909
wrote...
Rep: 7 0
6 years ago
The manipulative patient approaches the nurse and says, I know it's too early to give me my pain medication, but you are the only one who seems to care. Could you give me my pain medi-cation now? Which response is best?

a. The charge nurse is very stringent about scheduled medications. She would be very angry with me if I gave you the medica-tion now.
  b. I know how it is when you are in pain. I'll give you your medication early.
  c. Your medication is due in 2 hours. I will be glad to give it to you on schedule.
  d. It makes me feel good to know you are appreciative of our care. Here is your me-dication.

Question 2

The delusional patient has become agitated and angry. The patient reports that the cook put tacks in his cereal. He is pacing back and forth in the crowded dining room and cursing the cook. How should the nurse respond?

a. Keep distance from the patient and ask, Can we go to the dayroom and talk?
  b. Touch the patient's arm and say, Calm down. I'm sure we can straighten this out.
  c. Call experienced CNAs to restrain the pa-tient.
  d. Stand calmly and say, This behavior is unacceptable. Sit down and eat, Carl.

Question 3

The paranoid schizophrenic patient states that his whole family has conspired to have him put in the hospital and that the medical staff are part of the conspiracy. Which is the nurse's most the-rapeutic response?

a. I promise that I want to help you.
  b. You know your family is concerned about you.
  c. I'm sorry you feel that way. I'll be around if you want to talk about your feelings.
  d. The doctors are trying to help you feel better. They have your best interest in mind.

Question 4

Which statement causes the nurse to document a schizophrenic patient's delusion of persecution?

a. Did you know that I own this hospital and pay all these people to work for me?
  b. My doctor talked to all the other patients, but not to me. He doesn't want me to get well.
  c. The president's speech tonight is going to give me a coded message.
  d. I am going to wait in front of the hospital this morning for my limousine to pick me up and take me to my private jet.

Question 5

The nurse explains that depression is thought to be the result of a deficit of which neurotransmit-ter?

a. Norepinephrine
  b. Serotonin
  c. Acetylcholine
  d. Dopamine
Read 42 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
jazzyjj1998jazzyjj1998
wrote...
Rep: 3 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 410 words.