× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
jyxynvaea jyxynvaea
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
In performing a breast examination, the nurse knows that examining the upper outer quadrant of the breast is especially important. The reason for this is that the upper outer quadrant is:

a. The largest quadrant of the breast.
  b. The location of most breast tumors.
  c. Where most of the suspensory ligaments attach.
  d. More prone to injury and calcifications than other locations in the breast.

Question 2

In performing an assessment of a woman's axillary lymph system, the nurse should assess which of these nodes?

a. Central, axillary, lateral, and sternal
  b. Pectoral, lateral, anterior, and sternal
  c. Central, lateral, pectoral, and subscapular
  d. Lateral, pectoral, axillary, and suprascapular

Question 3

Which of the following statements is true regarding the internal structures of the breast? The breast is made up of:

a. Primarily muscle with very little fibrous tissue.
  b. Fibrous, glandular, and adipose tissues.
  c. Primarily milk ducts, known as lactiferous ducts.
  d. Glandular tissue, which supports the breast by attaching to the chest wall.

Question 4

During an assessment, a patient mentions that I just can't smell like I used to. I can barely smell the roses in my garden. Why is that? For which possible causes of changes in the sense of smell will the nurse assess? Select all that apply.

a. Chronic alcohol use
  b. Cigarette smoking
  c. Frequent episodes of strep throat
  d. Chronic allergies
  e. Aging
  f.
  Herpes simplex virus I

Question 5

The nurse is teaching a health class to high-school boys. When discussing the topic of using smokeless tobacco (SLT), which of these statements are accurate? Select all that apply.

a. One pinch of SLT in the mouth for 30 minutes delivers the equivalent of one cigarette.
  b. Using SLT has been associated with a greater risk of oral cancer than smoking.
  c. Pain is an early sign of oral cancer.
  d. Pain is rarely an early sign of oral cancer.
  e. Tooth decay is another risk of SLT because of the use of sugar as a sweetener.
  f.
  SLT is considered a healthy alternative to smoking.
Textbook 
Maternal & Child Nursing Care

Maternal & Child Nursing Care

Edition: 5th
Authors:
Read 91 times
3 Replies