a
t
i
r
dymasraja dymasraja
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
A client is being discharged on warfarin (Coumadin) therapy. What discharge instructions is the nurse required to provide? (Select all that apply.)

a. Dietary restrictions
  b. Driving restrictions
  c. Follow-up laboratory monitoring
  d. Possible drug-drug interactions
  e. Reason to take medication

Question 2

A client with a known abdominal aortic aneurysm reports dizziness and severe abdominal pain. The nurse assesses the client's blood pressure at 82/40 mm Hg. What actions by the nurse are most important? (Select all that apply.)

a. Administer pain medication.
  b. Assess distal pulses every 10 minutes.
  c. Have the client sign a surgical consent.
  d. Notify the Rapid Response Team.
  e. Take vital signs every 10 minutes.v

Question 3

A client has peripheral arterial disease (PAD). What statement by the client indicates misunderstanding about self-management activities?

a. I can use a heating pad on my legs if it's set on low.
  b. I should not cross my legs when sitting or lying down.
  c. I will go out and buy some warm, heavy socks to wear.
  d. It's going to be really hard but I will stop smoking.

Question 4

A nurse is caring for a client on IV infusion of heparin. What actions does this nurse include in the client's plan of care? (Select all that apply.)

a. Assess the client for bleeding.
  b. Monitor the daily activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT) results.
  c. Stop the IV for aPTT above baseline.
  d. Use an IV pump for the infusion.
  e. Weigh the client daily on the same scale.

Question 5

Which statements by the client indicate good understanding of foot care in peripheral vascular disease? (Select all that apply.)

a. A good abrasive pumice stone will keep my feet soft.
  b. I'll always wear shoes if I can buy cheap flip-flops.
  c. I will keep my feet dry, especially between the toes.
  d. Lotion is important to keep my feet smooth and soft.
  e. Washing my feet in room-temperature water is best.

Question 6

A client has been diagnosed with a deep vein thrombosis and is to be discharged on warfarin (Coumadin). The client is adamant about refusing the drug because it's dangerous. What action by the nurse is best?

a. Assess the reason behind the client's fear.
  b. Remind the client about laboratory monitoring.
  c. Tell the client drugs are safer today than before.
  d. Warn the client about consequences of noncompliance.

Question 7

A client with a history of heart failure and hypertension is in the clinic for a follow-up visit. The client is on lisinopril (Prinivil) and warfarin (Coumadin). The client reports new-onset cough. What action by the nurse is most appropriate?

a. Assess the client's lung sounds and oxygenation.
  b. Instruct the client on another antihypertensive.
  c. Obtain a set of vital signs and document them.
  d. Remind the client that cough is a side effect of Prinivil.

Question 8

A nurse is caring for a client with a nonhealing arterial lower leg ulcer. What action by the nurse is best?

a. Consult with the Wound Ostomy Care Nurse.
  b. Give pain medication prior to dressing changes.
  c. Maintain sterile technique for dressing changes.
  d. Prepare the client for eventual amputation.
Read 65 times
1 Reply