a
t
i
r
jc123 jc123
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
A nurse teaches a client who is interested in smoking cessation. Which statements should the nurse include in this client's teaching? (Select all that apply.)

a. Find an activity that you enjoy and will keep your hands busy.
  b. Keep snacks like potato chips on hand to nibble on.
  c. Identify a punishment for yourself in case you backslide.
  d. Drink at least eight glasses of water each day.
  e. Make a list of reasons you want to stop smoking.

Question 2

A nurse collaborates with a respiratory therapist to complete pulmonary function tests (PFTs) for a client. Which statements should the nurse include in communications with the respiratory therapist prior to the tests? (Select all that apply.)

a. I held the client's morning bronchodilator medication.
  b. The client is ready to go down to radiology for this examination.
  c. Physical therapy states the client can run on a treadmill.
  d. I advised the client not to smoke for 6 hours prior to the test.
  e. The client is alert and can follow your commands.

Question 3

A nurse assesses a 66-year-old client who is attempting to quit smoking. The client states, I started smoking at age 16, and smoked one pack each day until 10 years ago. Then I decreased to a half of a pack per day.

How many pack-years should the nurse document for this client? (Record your answer using a whole number.) ___ pack-years

Question 4

A nurse plans care for a client who is at high risk for a pulmonary infection. Which interventions should the nurse include in this client's plan of care? (Select all that apply.)

a. Encourage deep breathing and coughing.
  b. Implement an air mattress overlay.
  c. Ambulate the client three times each day.
  d. Provide a diet high in protein and vitamins.
  e. Administer acetaminophen (Tylenol) twice daily.
Read 64 times
2 Replies