× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
m
malik malik
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
An older person presents in the emergency with symptoms such as tachycardia, shortness of breath, light-headedness, and trembling. Having ruled out any physical causes, what might be the most likely discharge diagnosis seen on the chart?

a. generalized anxiety disorder
  b. panic attack/panic disorder
  c. delirium
  d. depression

Question 2

A nursing instructor is discussing dehydration risks in the older adult with a student nurse. What response by the student indicates that the student needs further education?

A) I will offer my client a drink of water every time I enter the client's room.
  B) I will administer my client's furosemide (Lasix) with the evening meal.
  C) I will administer my client's furosemide (Lasix) with breakfast.
  D) I will ensure that fresh water is available to my client.

Question 3

There were approximately 36 million Americans over the age of 65 years in 2000 and this number is expected to grow to 71 million by 2030

Indicate whether the statement is true or false

Question 4

An older patient who is repeatedly admitted to the hospital tells the nurse it is because of the inability to purchase prescribed medications. What should the nurse respond to the patient?

1. Do you not have insurance?
  2. I'm not surprised that you can't afford them. You are on a lot of medications.
  3. There are ways to reduce the cost of medications, such as using Medicare Part D.
  4. I will contact our social services department so the hospital will provide your medications.

Question 5

A client who recently has been started on enteral feedings begins to complain of abdominal cramping and has two liquid stools. A nurse notes that the client also has abdominal distention.

The nurse reviews the nutritional content on the label of the can of feeding to determine if it has which of the following ingredients?
  A) Lactose
  B) Sucrose
  C) Fructose
  D) Maltose

Question 6

The dying older person may be under-medicated for pain due to which of the following misconceptions?

a. pain perception decreases with age
  b. pain is an inevitable part of aging
  c. if a person does not state they have pain, they must not be in pain
  d. all of the above
Read 52 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
HasnaHasna
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago