t
i
r
r
adt916 adt916
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
An older adult patient with depression is prescribed a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI). Nursing assessment should include careful collection of information regarding

a. other prescribed medications and over-the-counter remedies used.
  b. evidence of pseudo-parkinsonism or tardive dyskinesia.
  c. history of psoriasis and other skin disorders.
  d. history of diarrhea and electrolyte imbalances.

Question 2

Which symptom would the nurse expect in a patient diagnosed with dissociative fugue?

a. Worry about having a serious disease
  b. A feeling of detachment from one's body
  c. Belief that part of the body is ugly or disproportionate
  d. Travel away from home and assumption of a new identity

Question 3

A nurse assesses a patient recently diagnosed with pedophili

a. Which findings are most likely? Select all that apply.
  a. History of childhood sexual abuse
  b. Antisocial personality traits
  c. Limbic system abnormalities
  d. An endocrine disorder
  e. Grandiosity

Question 4

The nurse would expect which comment from a patient diagnosed with depersonalization disorder?

a. I feel like I'm outside my body, watching what's happening.
  b. I feel as though someone is reading thoughts in my mind.
  c. I know I have cancer, but the doctors can't find it.
  d. When I woke up, my legs were paralyzed.

Question 5

A community health nurse assesses four patients between ages 70 and 80 . Which patient has the highest risk for alcohol dependence?

a. Patient with no history of alcohol-related problems until retirement but now drinks alcohol daily to distract himself from arthritis pain
  b. Patient who drank socially throughout adult life and continues this pattern, saying I'm old enough to drink if I want to
  c. Patient who abused alcohol between ages 30 and 45 but now abstains and occasionally attends AA meetings.
  d. Patient with intermittent problems of alcohol misuse early in life. Now drinks one glass of wine nightly with dinner.
Read 28 times
1 Reply