t
i
r
r
Giantmushroom Giantmushroom
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Based on recent studies, which statement regarding touch and touch zones is most accurate?

a. Persons age 66 to 100 are the most often touched.
  b. Newly graduated nurses tend to touch clients less often than do nursing stu-dents.
  c. When performing peri-care the nurse is working within the zone of intimacy.
  d. The comfort of touch depends on place, situation, social status, and age.

Question 2

The nurse is caring for a client with a newly diagnosed chronic illness. In answering the client's questions, the nurse most accurately responds when basing the response on the fact that:

a. the most prevalent form of disease in older adults at this time is acute illness.
  b. although chronic illness lasts a long time, the condition primarily affects the client.
  c. chronic illness is lifelong, and coping can be influenced by perceived uncer-tainty.
  d. the client's acquisition of knowledge of the disease will guarantee successful coping.

Question 3

The primary risk for injury experienced by a client diagnosed with asthma is:

a. musculoskeletal degenerative disorders
  b. development of cardiac complications
  c. infections of the lower respiratory tract
  d. development of pernicious anemia

Question 4

As the nurse plans to instruct a chronically ill older adult about the changes needed to maintain his health, what statement is most appropriate to consider in establishing goals for behavior change?

a. Management of the client's chronic disease rests on the client and caregiver; goals should be set in collaboration.
  b. The client will be able to make needed changes in his life if the nurse provides accurate written instructions.
  c. Psychological functioning is usually impaired only to a small extent in a client with chronic illness.
  d. The client's values, culture, and beliefs have little to do with the types of changes he will be able to make.

Question 5

The partner of a client comments that, Our sex life will certainly suffer now that he's had a heart attack. Which statement is the basis for the nurse's response?

a. The client should no longer have sexual relations because of the demand on his heart.
  b. The energy expenditure during sex is equivalent to briskly climbing six flights of stairs.
  c. People with heart disease reduce their sexual activity out of fear of their con-dition.
  d. The couple will benefit from attending a cardiac support group.

Question 6

Which intervention demonstrates effective care for an individual who has expressed a wish to retire sometime soon? Select all that apply.

a. Asking about when they plan to retire
  b. Assessing their ability to handle the stresses of retirement
  c. Engaging them in a conversation about their interests
  d. Inquiring about the existence of any chronic illnesses
  e. Scheduling a full physical examination

Question 7

Which statements made by a couple who have recently retired support the nurse's evaluation that the transition to retirement has been a successful one? Select all that ap-ply.

a. I'm afraid we can't make it that weekend; we'll be visiting the grandchil-dren.
  b. I'm not accustomed to sharing my kitchen with anyone else.
  c. One week I was working 50 hours and the next I didn't have to get up until noon.
  d. I often wonder if my buddies from the plant miss me.
  e. We have found a few painless ways to reduce our monthly expenses.
Read 359 times
9 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
alvitopaserualvitopaseru
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 660 words.