a
t
i
r
yolodontneedth yolodontneedth
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
A student nurse graduates from a university with a bachelor's degree in nursing. After the successful completion of passing her state boards, she decides to pursue employment at a local hospital on medical-surgical unit.

There are many openings due to the current nursing shortage. Which of the following factors is contributing to the current global nursing shortage?
  A) Low turnover rates so that jobs are hard to find
  B) Nursing faculty shortage contributing to fewer students
  C) Overstaffing in acute- and extended-care settings
  D) Reduced number of persons entering the profession

Question 2

A nurse arrives to her unit and learns that a colleague has called in sick so the nurse will be responsible for at least 10 patients for her shift. Several patients have returned from surgery and require close monitoring.

Several other clients are elderly and need more assistance with dressings and treatments. All have IVs and need medications. What is the most prevalent ethical dilemma this nurse is facing, in light of the responsibility that she needs to undertake?
  A) Safety of all the patients
  B) Enough time to complete responsibilities
  C) Enough help to do a good job
  D) Prioritization of needs based on situation

Question 3

A Canadian student is seen by a physician for a routine screening prior to going to college. His family is also covered by the Canadian plan.

Which of the following five principles of the Canadian health care system is evident based on the information provided in this scenario?
  A) Each insurance plan covers all residents for uniform services.
  B) A public for-profit authority administers the plan.
  C) Canadians do not have coverage when they travel across provinces.
  D) Care can be denied for inability to pay for coverage.

Question 4

Which of the following medical advancements was highlighted during the era of World War II?

A) Anesthesia was introduced.
  B) Blood transfusions treated blood loss.
  C) Vaccines were proven unsafe.
  D) Chronic disease treatment was implemented.
Read 42 times
3 Replies