t
i
r
r
lhise7 lhise7
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
The two processes by which eating disorders are influenced by the media are 1) normalizing dieting and thinness and 2) encouragement of continual evaluation of one's body.

Indicate whether the statement is true or false

Question 2

All of the following people were unsuccessful in getting a job after undergoing three interviews. Which person's thinking illustrates the depressive attributional style?

a. Esther: I may be terrible at job interviews, but the rest of my skills are exceptionally strong.
  b. Theresa: I am always incompetentin job interviews and everything else.
  c. Anthony: I didn't get a job because of a bad streak of luck, and luck is always ripe for changing.
  d. Paul: I didn't try my hardest; if I work at it, I can get a job.

Question 3

The extent to which an individual accepts their physical appearance is known as body image.

Indicate whether the statement is true or false

Question 4

The basic assumption of Seligman's explanation for depression is that ____.

a. both cognitions and feelings of helplessness are learned and that depression results from learned helplessness
  b. cognitions and but not feelings of helplessness are learned and that depression results from learned helplessness
  c. feelings but not cognitions of helplessness are learned and that depression results from learned helplessness
  d. high levels of negative cognitions coupled with stress results in depression

Question 5

One of the main goals of cognitive behavioral therapy for eating disorders (CBT-E) is to _____.

a. help the individual identify factors that are maintaining their eating disorder
  b. medically stabilize the individual with proper hydration and medication
  c. engage parents and the individual in a therapeutic alliance
  d. identify cultural factors related to the development of an individual's eating disorder

Question 6

In therapy, a psychologist tries to convince a depressed woman that her actions do affect the environment and that even though uncontrollable events happened in the past, they need not happen again. This therapist is making use of principles from ____.

a. psychodynamic theory c. the biogenic theory of depression
  b. learned helplessness theory d. the cognitive triad
Read 28 times
2 Replies