a
t
i
r
AzariahMD AzariahMD
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
When a local government has a council that hires a professional who runs the city government and who has the power to hire and fire city officials, it is utilizing

A) the strong mayor-council plan.
  B) the weak mayor-council plan.
  C) the council-manager plan.
  D) the commission plan.
  E) an educated plan.

Question -2-

When a local government has a mayor who is merely a figurehead and who must share administrative power with the council and other elected officials it is governed under

A) a strong mayor-council plan.
  B) a weak mayor-council plan.
  C) a council-manager plan.
  D) a commission plan.
  E) a committee plan.

Question -3-

When a local government has a mayor who exercises substantial power over the executive agencies of government and in dealings with an elected city council it is governed under

A) a strong mayor-council plan.
  B) a weak mayor-council plan.
  C) a council-manager plan.
  D) a commission plan.
  E) a military type of plan.

Question -4-

In the commission form of local government

A) the mayor has substantial formal power over the executive agencies of government and in dealings with an elected city council.
  B) the mayor is a figurehead and must share administrative power with the council and other elected officials.
  C) the council hires a professional who runs the city government and has the power to hire and fire city officials.
  D) a board makes policy as a city council and also runs the city departments as administrator.
  E) board members must not have served previously in any type of government function.

Question -5-

In a council-manager form of local government

A) the mayor has substantial formal power over the executive agencies of government and in dealings with an elected city council.
  B) the mayor is a figurehead and must share administrative power with the council and other elected officials.
  C) the council hires a professional who runs the city government and has the power to hire and fire city officials.
  D) a board makes policy as a city council and also runs the city departments as administrator.
  E) city leaders are not allowed to earn a salary.
Read 42 times
3 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
dannie5846dannie5846
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free