p
t
m
p
m
mac mac
wrote...
6 years ago
Traffic patterns in a particular room arrangement cannot be predicted ahead of time; instead, teachers must simply wait until students arrive, note problem areas, and rearrange as necessary.

Indicate whether the statement is true or false

Ques. 2

All of the following statements reflect goals for teachers who teach in urban settings. Which goal is likely to be most difficult for a teacher to attain?

a. Teachers in urban settings should learn about the community in which they work, and about students' daily lives beyond the school.
  b. Teachers in urban settings should listen to the student's point of view in instances of misbehavior before negotiating or deciding upon a response.
  c. Teachers in urban settings should give their students ample opportunities for decision-making and to do meaningful work.
  d. Teachers should establish trusting relationships with students and their family members.

Ques. 3

Which of the following examples reflects a statement that might be made by a student with a realistic perspective on the causes of good and poor performance?

a. Lynette says, I brought my grade up this time because I made sure to do the homework every night..
  b. Dominique says, My teacher is so tricky If I study hard, she gives an easy test. If I don't study, she gives a hard test..
  c. Elton says, I did better on this test than I did on the last one..
  d. Venetia says, I am not a natural at math; my mom really struggled with it, too..

Ques. 4

A teacher who doesn't establish clear boundaries in student relationships might end up in some problematic situations. Which of the following concerns is least reflective of a boundary concern?

a. J.C. gets Miss Ramirez off-track during lessons by asking her questions about topics that he knows interest her personally.
  b. Ms. Goddard gives money to the parents of one of her students, Olivia, because she knows the family is facing eviction.
  c. Mr. Perkins knows that Ahmad's parents can't go to his soccer game, so he goes to watch Ahmad play once during the season.
  d. Mrs. Nash allows her students to spend an entire Friday chilling because they pointed out how hard they had been working in the previous nine week period.

Ques. 5

When teachers use respectful communication and regularly demonstrate high influence/high affect behaviors when interacting with students, all but which of the following are likely natural results?

a. Students feel confident that their classroom is a safe space to live and learn.
  b. Teachers focus on building their students' identities as competent, capable individuals who are important to the class.
  c. Sensitive topics will arise only infrequently, and students will not misbehave because they're invested in classroom relationships.
  d. Teachers will correct inappropriate behaviors in ways that do not call the student's character into question.

Ques. 6

Ms. Bryson has, for the most part, worked to develop healthy and supportive relationships with her students. However, today she is having a frustrating day, and her own emotions are running high. When Seong Wook is, for the third time in the lesson period, out of her desk, Ms. Bryson says, What is wrong with you? Are you so immature that you absolutely cannot do what even a much younger student could dostaying in a desk? I mean really, sometimes I don't know what's wrong with your brain, but something is very, very off.. Based on what you've learned in this chapter, which of the following statements best describes the situation?

a. Ms. Bryson is demonstrating high affect behaviors but low influence behaviors.
  b. Ms. Bryson probably doesn't need to worry about this communicative slip, as the cumulative effect of her regular classroom interactions are largely positive, so the students will likely not think badly of her for this event.
  c. Ms. Bryson has shown her class that she, too, is human, and her students are likely to recognize this event as something that doesn't matter.
  d. Ms. Bryson has failed to attend to a facework issue, and her relationship with Seong Wook and the rest of the class may deteriorate as a result of this interaction.

Ques. 7

Facework is more than establishing and maintaining a public identity; it also includes

a. managing one's actions and communications in ways that show sensitivity to others' identities.
  b. being comfortable in with one's own personal strengths and weaknesses.
  c. balancing relationships with other concerns such as maintaining control, limiting emotional involvement, and preserving instructional time.
  d. avoiding making others uncomfortable, requiring them to do things or face facts that are unpleasant or challenging, and reminding them that everyone needs to continue to grow.
Read 38 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
bik_e23bik_e23
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free