a
t
i
r
Myasslik Myasslik
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
6 years ago
Describe three suggestions teachers can follow to capitalize on the influence of goals to increase students' motivation to learn, and give an example of each.

What will be an ideal response?

Ques. 2

Morton is determined to improve his work and is setting a goal to help him improve in pre-algebra. Which of the following is the most effective goal for him?

a. To solve and explain all the homework problems before the next test
  b. To get an A on the next test
  c. To get a higher score on the test than Rosario, the buddy he studies with who sits behind him
  d. To pay attention all the time in class

Ques. 3

Which of the following best illustrates the characteristics of effective goals?

a. I am going to study harder in all of my classes.
  b. I am going to get a B or better on my next test.
  c. From now on I am going to study for understanding instead of memorizing definitions.
  d. I am going to paraphrase the definition of each of the boldfaced terms in the next chapter.

Ques. 4

If the students' thinking is consistent with patterns identified by research, which of the following is likely to have the strongest performance orientation in his or her goals?

a. Julie, a first grader
  b. Don, a fourth grader
  c. Evelyn, a seventh grader
  d. Michael, a ninth grader

Ques. 5

If their thinking is consistent with patterns identified by research, which student is most likely to have an fixed mindset?

a. Nile
  b. Misty
  c. Malisa
  d. Antonio

Ques. 6

If they are consistent with patterns identified by research, which student of the following is likely to be the highest achiever?

a. Nile
  b. Misty
  c. Sylvia
  d. Malisa

Ques. 7

Of the following, the student whose thinking best illustrates a performance-avoidance goal is:

a. Nile.
  b. Misty.
  c. Sylvia.
  d. Malisa.

Ques. 8

Of the following, the student whose thinking best illustrates a performance-approach goal is:

a. Nile.
  b. Misty.
  c. Sylvia.
  d. Antonio.

Ques. 9

Of the following, the student whose thinking best illustrates a mastery goal is:

a. Nile.
  b. Misty.
  c. Sylvia.
  d. Malisa.

Ques. 10

Which of the following goals are most commonly set by students who lack self-confidence and have low self-efficacy?

a. Mastery goals
  b. Performance-approach goals
  c. Performance-avoidance goals
  d. Social goals
Read 44 times
3 Replies