I
k
j
o
scollins44 scollins44
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Jonas was employing a strategy for solving problems while doing his homework. He thought as he was solving the first problem, Let's see. The first step is to determine what I already know from the problem. I need to write that down. Next, I will write down what it is I need to know. The statement in quotes best illustrates which of Vygotsky's concepts?

a. Private speech
  b. Internalization
  c. Scaffolding
  d. Enculturation

Ques. 2

The rules of language that we use to put words together into meaningful sentences are best described as:

a. syntax.
  b. semantics.
  c. grammar.
  d. inner speech.

Ques. 3

The name given to the instructional assistance that allows the learner to progress through the zone of proximal development is:

a. accommodation.
  b. assimilation.
  c. maturation.
  d. scaffolding.

Ques. 4

According to Chomsky's theory, the term LAD refers to:

a. language assistance device.
  b. learning adaptation device.
  c. learning adaptation dilemma.
  d. language acquisition device.

Ques. 5

The basic assumption in nativist theories of child language development is:

a. language acquisition requires no input from parents or other adults.
  b. language acquisition is primarily the result of experiences combined with modeling from parents.
  c. language acquisition is the result of verbal behaviors that are systematically reinforced and encouraged.
  d. language acquisition is primarily the result of an innate predisposition to learn language.

Ques. 6

According to the social cognitive theory of language acquisition, children learn language primarily through:

a. the demonstration of language behaviors that are reinforced by the environment.
  b. imitation of language displayed by others, together with corrective feedback.
  c. instinctive tendencies that predispose children to learn speech.
  d. instinctive tendencies to learn speech together with adult modeling and feedback.

Ques. 7

Virtually all people learn to speak, and despite wide diversity, all languages have similar forms, such as subject-verb structure. The theory of language acquisition best able to explain these similarities is:

a. behaviorist theory.
  b. social learning theory.
  c. nativist theory.
  d. constructivist theory .

Ques. 8

Describe four guidelines teachers can use when attempting to apply Vygotsky's work with their students.

What will be an ideal response?
Read 21 times
3 Replies