m
p
m
f
lilipie lilipie
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
According to social cognitive theorists, reinforcement affects learning because it:

a. Encourages the learner to pay attention
  b. Reduces the likelihood of punishment
  c. Increases the strength of an SR connection
  d. Makes the learner feel good, thus reducing emotions that interferes with the learning process

Ques. 2

Ms. Goodsell is thinking about how she might help the students in her introductory French class learn to pronounce the word bonjour correctly. Which one of her thoughts below is most consistent with a social cognitive perspective of learning?

a. If I explain the parts of the wordif I tell them that bon means good and jour means daythen they will have an easier time understanding why the word is pronounced the way it is.
  b. Maybe I should show them how I form my mouth and lips as I pronounce the word and then encourage them to imitate me.
  c. Maybe I should explain how certain letters and letter combinations are consistently pronounced differently in French than they are in English.
  d. I need to be patient. Correct pronunciation will come in time for those students who are really motivated to speak French.

Ques. 3

Social cognitive theory can best be characterized as being concerned with learning

a. communication skills
  b. socially appropriate behaviors
  c. through observations of others
  d. subject matter in the social sciences (e.g., geography, psychology)

Ques. 4

Which of the following statement is not true of high stakes testing?

a. The tests are often not reflective of the instructional goals.
  b. The results often determine students' promotion or graduation.
  c. They are most often summative assessments.
  d. They can only be implemented by trained behaviorists.

Ques. 5

Mrs. Sloan wanted to use behaviorist approaches in her classroom. She decided to test the students many times throughout her course. Which assessment practice is she employing?

a. Backward design
  b. Formative assessment
  c. Summative assessment
  d. High stakes tests

Ques. 6

A mastery learning approach would probably be most suitable for teaching:

a. introductory Russian
  b. a philosophy seminar
  c. advanced techniques of photography
  d. controversial issues in history

Ques. 7

Judging from the brief descriptions below, which of these four teachers is most likely to be using a mastery learning approach?

a. Mr. Andrews lectures each week on different American novels. Students must attend at least 80 of these lectures.
  b. Ms. Bennett begins each class by asking students what they would most like to study that day.
  c. Mr. Carlton has divided his physics course into 15 discrete units that students study individually at their own rate.
  d. Ms. Dominguez teaches children the basics of mathematics by using such concrete objects as blocks and sticks.

Ques. 8

In programmed instruction, a branching program is different from a linear program in that a branching program:

a. Allows students to make choices about the topics they study
  b. Takes smaller steps in teaching new material
  c. Provides remedial work for students who need it
  d. Is more likely to address important instructional objectives

Ques. 9

Computer-assisted instruction (CAI) has several advantages over noncomputer-based programmed instruction (PI). Which one of the following is not an advantage of CAI over PI?

a. CAI provides immediate reinforcement, whereas PI does not.
  b. CAI allows the use of videos and other moving graphics.
  c. CAI allows for the collection of data regarding the progress of each student.
  d. CAI is often found to be more effective than traditional instruction; PI is typically no more effective than traditional methods.

Ques. 10

Ms. Longman is using programmed instruction in teaching her geography class. Which one of the following are students least likely to encounter in their instruction?

a. One-on-one interactions with their teacher
  b. A high probability of success when they respond
  c. Immediate feedback about the accuracy of their responses
  d. A series of frames, each of which presents a small amount of new information
Read 49 times
2 Replies