m
p
m
f
mesharmor mesharmor
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Which theoretical view of motivation suggests that individuals in communities of learners are more motivated than they would be in a classroom environment that is competitive or provides less support?

a. Behaviorist
  b. Cognitive
  c. Sociocultural
  d. Humanistic

Ques. 2

Three of the following are considered to be text signals. Which one is not a text signal?

a. A concept map provided within a textbook chapter
  b. An outline presented at the beginning of the chapter
  c. An important definition in italic print within a chapter
  d. A series of end-of-chapter comprehension questions

Ques. 3

Aha I've figured out what I need to do to get the computer to run this program. I'll be right with you. I want to go back in the lab and see if it will work on my assignment. The theory of motivation that best explains why a student would make such a statement is:

a. behaviorist.
  b. cognitive.
  c. humanistic.
  d. sociocultural.

Ques. 4

Jennifer Dussette, a middle school teacher, liberally praises her students for their efforts, even if they are unsuccessful, and praises their answers to both difficult and easy questions. Using students' needs for self-determination as a basis, which of the following is the best assessment of Jennifer's efforts?

a. It is likely to be effective because she is attempting to help the students believe they have high ability, so it is likely to increase the students' sense of self-worth.
  b. It is likely to be ineffective because students may perceive praise for answering easy questions as indicating that Jennifer believes they are not competent.
  c. It is likely to be effective because it helps meet the students' need for relatedness.
  d. It is likely to be ineffective because her general praise provides no information about the utility value of what the students are learning.

Ques. 5

The ability to apply previous learning to new situations best describes:

a. metacognition.
  b. study strategies.
  c. critical thinking.
  d. transfer.

Ques. 6

Which of the following statements would best be explained using Maslow's hierarchy of needs?

a. An individual's first reaction to others, including teachers, is usually an assessment of how intelligent or competent they are.
  b. An individual's first reaction to others, including teachers, is usually an assessment of the extent to which they flatter and reinforce the individual.
  c. An individual's first reaction to others, including teachers, will usually be an assessment of how interesting and engaging they are.
  d. An individual's first reaction to others, including teachers, will usually be an assessment of how nice or caring they are.
Read 320 times
2 Replies