t
i
r
r
lkjbhuib lkjbhuib
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
During which stage of labor might the mother feel a slight decrease in blood pressure and feel chilled?

a. First stage of labor
  b. Second stage of labor
  c. Third stage of labor
  d. Fourth stage of labor

Ques. 2

Sam has always been athletic. He was on the soccer team in his middle school. As he entered high school, he decided to form a soccer team for young children in his neighborhood. He is showing which of the following?

a. Maturation
  b. Talent
  c. Canalization
  d. Niche construction

Ques. 3

Family members should know that reflexes are a way of interacting with their baby. Reflexes show that the baby's brain and body are operating the way that they should. Which is not a reflex?

a. Grasping
  b. Crying
  c. Stepping
  d. Swallowing

Ques. 4

More than 20,000 genes make up human DNA. Of these genes, how many do all human beings have in common?

a. Less than 10 of them
  b. Approximately 20 of them
  c. About half of them
  d. The great majority of them

Ques. 5

When children alter their environments through their choices and behaviors, they are engaging in:

a. niche construction
  b. genetic expression
  c. joint attention
  d. canalization

Ques. 6

Human cells contain 23 pairs of chromosomes. Within each pair:

a. Both chromosomes are inherited from the same-sex parent.
  b. Both chromosomes are inherited from the opposite-sex parent.
  c. One chromosome is inherited from the mother and the other from the father.
  d. One chromosome is inherited from the mother and the other may come from either the mother or the father.

Ques. 7

Marcia returned home Wednesday with her new infant daughter. On the phone with her best friend Anna, she expressed some concern: I am so tired, and I feel like I just don't know what to do Anna has had three children already. The best advice Anna can give to Marcia at this time is:

a. There's a lot to learn. The first thing is to identify the baby's preferences so you can respond appropriately.
  b. There's a lot to learn, and I'm here to help you. I'll show you how infants like to be comforted.
  c. There's a lot to learn, and you're probably not going to sleep much for a few weeks.
  d. There's a lot to learn, but first get some sleep. I'm here to help you.
Read 47 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
1396hey1396hey
wrote...
Rep: 6 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free