× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
1108 1108
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
I realize that the myofibril is a part of the muscle (fiber) cell, but I am unsure if it is actually another name for the muscle cell, like they are interchangeable. So I don't know if this is one of those trick T/F questions where it's partially right.
Source  PhysioEx 9.0 Lab Book
Read 7026 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago
A 'myofibril' is a basic unit of a muscle. Muscles are composed of tubular cells called myocytes or myofibers. Myofibers are composed of tubular myofibrils.
1108 Author
wrote...
12 years ago
Ok, so I ended up anwering this as True before I got your response. My reasoning was that even though it is part of the muscle cell, it seems to a term used as a muscle cell. As this is not my field, I realized that terms are interchangeable as they are in my field. So I am applying that logic here, but not really sure if it is applicable as in every T/F question if it is only partially right then it's False. So I may miss this one.. IDK.. Thank You for your response and Have an Outstanding Day!! Slight Smile
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago
Ok, so I ended up anwering this as True before I got your response. My reasoning was that even though it is part of the muscle cell, it seems to a term used as a muscle cell. As this is not my field, I realized that terms are interchangeable as they are in my field. So I am applying that logic here, but not really sure if it is applicable as in every T/F question if it is only partially right then it's False. So I may miss this one.. IDK.. Thank You for your response and Have an Outstanding Day!! Slight Smile

Thanks, you too. Let us know if you need more help. I'll mark this one solved.
1108 Author
wrote...
12 years ago
 Slight Smile Ok, sounds good. I'm sure I will, this is an awesome forum, I am so glad I stumbled on to it, I am pretty much struggling with this subject. Thinking Face
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1261 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352