a
t
i
r
Liomustafa Liomustafa
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
Evidence for the role of top-down processing in perception is shown by which of the following examples?

a. When someone can easily select a target that has a feature distinct from distracters
  b. When someone cannot read an illegible word in a written sentence
  c. When someone easily identifies an object even though that object is unexpected in that context (e.g., identifying a telephone inside a refrigerator)
  d. When someone accurately identifies a word in a song on a radio broadcast despite static interfering with reception

Question 2

When Carlos moved to the U.S., he did not understand any English. Phrases like Anna Mary Can Pi And I Scream Class Hick didn't make any sense to him. Now that Carlos has been learning English, he recognizes this phrase as An American Pie and Ice Cream Classic. This example illustrates that Carlos was not capable of ____ in English.

a. speech segmentation
  b. the likelihood principle
  c. bottom-up processing
  d. algorithms

Question 3

Speech segmentation is defined as

a. creating a sentence from a series of spoken words.
  b. ignoring the spaces between the spoken words of a sentence.
  c. organizing the sounds of speech into individual words.
  d. recognizing a few words out of many when hearing a largely unfamiliar language.
Read 36 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
vivian970811vivian970811
wrote...
Rep: 4 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free