a
t
i
r
SIN SIN
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago

1.   Interface to the processor and memory via the system bus or central switch and interface to one or more peripheral devices by tailored data links are two major functions of an _____________.

2.   An external device connected to an I/O module is often referred to as a __________ device.

3.   We can broadly classify external devices into three categories:  human readable, communication, and __________.

4.   The U.S. national version of the International Reference Alphabet is referred to as __________.

5.   The categories for the major functions or requirements for an I/O module are:  control and timing, device communication, data buffering, error detection, and _________.

6.   In __________ mode the I/O module and main memory exchange data directly, without processor involvement.

7.   There are four types of I/O commands that an I/O module may receive when it is addressed by a processor:  control, test, write, and _________.

8.   When the processor, main memory, and I/O share a common bus, two modes of addressing are possible:  memory mapped and ________.

9.   The ________ is a single-chip, general-purpose I/O module designed for use with the Intel 80386 processor.

10.    A ________ controls multiple high-speed devices and, at any one time, is dedicated to the transfer of data with one of those devices.

11.    In a _________ interface there are multiple lines connecting the I/O module and the peripheral and multiple bits are transferred simultaneously.

12.   In a ________ interface there is only one line used to transmit data and bits must be transmitted one at a time.

13.     The most recent, and fastest, peripheral connection technology to become available for general-purpose use is __________, developed by Intel with collaboration from Apple.

14.    ________ enables servers, remote storage, and other network devices to be attached in a central fabric of switches and links, connecting up to 64,000 servers, storage systems, and networking devices.

15.     A ________ machine is an instance of an operating system along with one or more applications running in an isolated memory partition within the computer, enabling different operating systems to run in the same computer at the same time, as well as preventing applications from interfering with each other.
Read 76 times
1 Reply
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
scavanger411scavanger411
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free