r
d
l
a
Aliya1 Aliya1
wrote...
Rep: 7 0
5 years ago
#41. Use the following information to answer the next question.

The Labrador Retriever’s coat colours are black, yellow, and chocolate.

Yellow is produced by the presence of a recessive epistatic gene, which has the effect of masking the black and chocolate colour genes. Black (B) is dominant to chocolate (b).

Therefore, the possible genotypes and corresponding phenotypes are:

Phenotype Possible Genotypes
Black            G__B__
Brown          G__bb
Yellow           gg__

Predict the percentage of offspring that would be black in colour for each of the following crosses. Record your answer as a whole number.

Cross: GgBbcross x GgBB GGBbcross xGGBb
Percentage of
Offspring:

#42. Below is a simplified chart for polygenic trait of eye colour. The amount of melanin in the iris is what determines the colour of the eye. People with brown eyes have more melanin in their iris than people with blue eyes. The amount of melanin is controlled by how many dominant alleles a person has for eye colour as follows:

Number of Dominant Alleles Genotypes   Phenotypes
4                                                   AABB          Very dark brown eyes
3                                           AaBB or AABb     Brown eyes
2                                         AaBb, aaBB etc.   Light brown or hazel eyes
1                                        Aabb or aaBb           Dark blue eyes
0                                             aabb                     Light blue eyes

Which of the following parental crosses explains how two brown-eyed parents can produce a blue-eyed child?
Select one:
a. Aabb cross times AABB
b. AaBB cross times AaBb
c. AABB cross times AaBb
d. AaBB cross times AABb
Thank you so much for your help bio_man. Have a good afternoon Slight Smile
Read 130 times
3 Replies
Replies
Answer accepted by topic starter
bio_manbio_man
wrote...
Educator
Top Poster
5 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 350 words.