a
t
i
r
Aliya1 Aliya1
wrote...
Rep: 7 0
6 years ago Edited: 6 years ago, Aliya1
#32. Use the following information to answer the next three questions.

There are two genes that determine the coat colour expression in dogs: eumelanin and merle. These genes are located on two separate chromosomes.

For the eumelanin gene, black coat colour (E) is dominant over red coat colour (e).

The merle gene controls the degree to which these coat colours are expressed through incomplete dominance.

The following table describes the merle gene expression.

Genotype   Phenotype
MM                   White
Mm                   Half colour (Grey or light red)
mm             Full colour (Black or Red)
A grey dog that is heterozygous for the eumelanin gene mates with a light red dog.

What is the probability they would have a grey puppy?
Select one:
a. 0.25
b. 0.50
c. 0.13
d. 0.38
#33. What is the probability they would have a grey or light red puppy?
Select one:
a. 0.25
b. 0.13
c. 0.38
d. 0.50
#34. Two dogs heterozygous for both traits were crossed. What phenotypic ratio is expected in the F1 generation? Answer:
Phenotype: White, Grey, Black, Light, Red, Red
Post Merge: 6 years ago

#35.Use the following information to answer the next two questions.

Feather colour in parakeets is controlled by two genes. Blue colour (B) is dominant over absence of colour (b). Yellow colour (Y) is dominant over absence of colour (y). When a B allele and a Y allele are present, a green parakeet is produced.

The probability of obtaining a female or male parakeet is the same as for humans.

What is the probability of obtaining a male green parakeet when a green parakeet heterozygous for both genes is crossed with a white parakeet?

Select one:
a. 0.75
b. 0.13
c. 0.25
d. 0.50
#36. A green parakeet crossed with a white parakeet produced offspring with four different colour patterns.
What is the genotype of the green parakeet?
Read 153 times
4 Replies
Replies
Answer accepted by topic starter
bio_manbio_man
wrote...
Educator
Top Poster
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 360 words.