n
C
z
k
Aliya1 Aliya1
wrote...
Rep: 7 0
6 years ago Edited: 6 years ago, Aliya1
7) What is the phenotype of the female and what is the phenotype of the male with respect to the three traits shown in the above diagram? (Thumbnail #1)

Question 7 Hint:

Two possible ways to help visualize the traits is to write out the genotypes as:
•the female is  deP; the male Dep
                        deP                dEP
•the female as ddeePP; the male as DdEePp
_____________________________ _____________________________ _______________

8) A genetic counsellor told the couple that all their sons and daughters would be expected to produce peptidase C. Do you agree with the genetic counselor? Explain. (Thumbnail #2)

9) The first child of this couple was Rh-negative. What is the chance that the second child of this couple be a girl and be Rh-negative? Show your work. (Thumbnail #3)

10) Nomenclature for writing alleles on a homologous chromosome pair

The phrase DEP/dep means the first three letters, DEP, represent the alleles that will appear, in this order, on the first homologous chromosome. The “/” signifies the following alleles, dep, will appear on the second homologous chromosome (also in the stated order).  It is to be assumed that the genes will appear at the same location on both the two homologous chromosomes.

A student wrote the male genotype as DEP/dep. Do you agree? Explain. (Thumbnail #4)

11) The sperm chromosome maps are more likely to be DeP than DEP. Explain. (Thumbnail #5)
Post Merge: 6 years ago

Im not sure how to unlock the post where has the answer that i am searching for.
Read 106 times
2 Replies