H
a
c
k
Aliya1 Aliya1
wrote...
Rep: 7 0
6 years ago
#13. Which of the following rows differentiates the two Hardy–Weinberg equations?
Select one:
a.p + q = 1( Allele frequency)  p2 +2pq+q2 = 1 (Phenotype frequency)
 b.p + q = 1 ( Genotype frequency) p2 +2pq+q2 = 1(Phenotype frequency)
 c.p+ q = 1 (Phenotype frequency) p2 plus2pq plusq2 = 1(Allele frequency)
 d.p+ q = 1(Allele frequency )  p2 +2pq +q2 = 1(Genotype frequency)

#14.A rabbit warren has 250 individuals. The coat colour of rabbits is expressed through incomplete dominance. The coat colour can be dark brown, light brown, or white.
There are 67 dark brown rabbits, 125 light brown rabbits, and 58 white rabbits. Assume that all of the conditions are met for a population in Hardy–Weinberg equilibrium.
What is the genotype frequency of light brown rabbits, the phenotype frequency of white rabbits, and the dark brown allele frequency?
Select one:
a.Genotype of Light Brown Rabbits( 0.27)Phenotype of White Rabbits(0.23) Dark Brown Allele Frequency( 0.77)
 b.Genotype of Light Brown Rabbits(0.50) Phenotype of White Rabbits (0.48)Dark Brown Allele Frequency (0.77)
 c.Genotype of Light Brown Rabbits( 0.50)Phenotype of White Rabbits(0.23) Dark Brown Allele Frequency(0.52)  d.Genotype of Light Brown Rabbits( 0.27) Phenotype of White Rabbits(0.48) Dark Brown Allele Frequency(0.52)

#15.In mice, the waltzing allele (w) that causes the mouse to run in circles due to an inner ear defect is recessive to the non-waltzing allele (W).
In an ideal mouse population exhibiting Hardy–Weinberg equilibrium of 150 mice, 70% of the alleles are non-waltzing. What is the frequency of the recessive allele?
Record your answer as a whole number percentage.
Read 444 times
7 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
bio_manbio_man
wrote...
Educator
Top Poster
6 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 370 words.