r
r
Mateyman Mateyman
wrote...
Rep: 4 0
4 years ago Edited: 4 years ago, HabibiFreshUFC
http://Https://imgur.com/dAffneR

I know 1) is all good!

2) First I thought its true but then I read my textbook more and apprently this is false?

3) he did use oat medium and used sediument and used immigration and also added prey every 3 days but his conclusion was that the predator-prey dynamics were caused by outside interference from outside the system so I know immigration is involved but can't answer B) also be correct here?

https://imgur.com/FCuC3Os

4) I think D is correct but isn't B also correct?

5) Not sure about this one but I don't see option B relevant to green world?
Read 82 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
4 years ago
1) Intraspecific, Interference Competition

2) False ... a parasitic relationship is when one species benefits and the other suffers. There isn't a balance.

3) Is the paramecium experiment? When they grew together, one thrived while one became extinct because of competition in the environment. They were both fighting for the same limited number of resources, and the competitive exclusion principle lead to one strain to do better than the other. 

When two species have the same realized niche and are fighting for the same limited resources, one will eventually do better than the other, start to take up more resources, causing the other to do worse until it is completely extinct and the stronger species is using all of the resources.

This is when two species in competition are able to divide the available resources because their morphology and behavior is different. Natural selection favors species that have the least resource overlap with other species.

Side note: HabibiFreshUFC, do you mind copy-pasting the questions into your posts as well, it makes them searchable for future reference.
Mateyman Author
wrote...
4 years ago
No problem for next time, def will copy paste

I actually got question 3 wrong, I think it was option B where he added one prey and one predator into the system every three days.

And I got question 5 wrong because apparently herbivores self-regulate their populations is not a key explanation compared to predation or disease on herbivores
wrote...
Educator
4 years ago
I was honestly confused with the topic because I wasn't sure whether you had attempted it already and posted the answers, or were on the cusp and needed clarification before submitting your work. That's what made me doubt my rationale.
Mateyman Author
wrote...
4 years ago
Yeah thas my bad I shoulda clarified this the questions were not the hardest but the multiple choice was tough cos some of them you can argue has two answers. Oh well next time will get em!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1306 People Browsing
 112 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4