a
t
i
r
coolcat coolcat
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
5 years ago
Why would an organization as large as the National Football League (NFL) incur large legal expenses to try to prevent bars and restaurants from using their trademarked term "Super Bowl" in their advertising?
Textbook 
Microeconomics

Microeconomics

Edition: 7th
Authors:
Read 43 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
5 years ago
The National Football League has spent a great deal of time and money to establish a successful brand name and to get consumers to automatically think of the NFL when they see anyone using the term "Super Bowl." By not legally challenging even the smallest of restaurants or bars, the NFL not only faces the possibility that consumers will think these restaurants and bars are associated with the NFL and that these restaurants and bars will take advantage of that perception, but also that other restaurants, bars, or other companies would choose to use the term without fear of legal action or retribution. If the NFL did not attempt to legally defend its trademark, even in the smallest of cases, it could eventually face the possibility of "Super Bowl" no longer being associated with the NFL.
coolcat Author
wrote...
5 years ago
Exactly what I needed for my project, TYSM
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1402 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which is the best fuel for late night cramming?
Votes: 145