s
a
t
i
r
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
I also thought the dogs & wolf example was good as well, but it didn't relate a lot to the textbook.

I have an idea, why not email your teacher to see if using the domestication of animals is allowed? That'll save you a lot of time.

Another idea is caused extinction by accidently introducing an invasive species into their non-native environment; in turn, this causes native species to compete in unnatural circumstances. An example is the zebra mussels.

Zebra mussels are an invasive, fingernail-sized mollusk that is native to fresh waters in Eurasia. Their name comes from the dark, zig-zagged stripes on each shell.

Zebra mussels probably arrived in the Great Lakes in the 1980s via ballast water that was discharged by large ships from Europe. They have spread rapidly throughout the Great Lakes region and into the large rivers of the eastern Mississippi drainage. They have also been found in Texas, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, and California.

Zebra mussels negatively impact ecosystems in many ways. They filter out algae that native species need for food and they attach to - and incapacitate - native mussels. Power plants must also spend millions of dollars removing zebra mussels from clogged water intakes.

You could research "invasive species" and their impact on evolution, extinction for more details.

Source: https://www.usgs.gov/faqs/what-are-zebra-mussels-and-why-should-we-care-about-them?qt-news_science_products=0#qt-news_science_products

Since this report is worth a lot, I'd suggest you read this article: https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/10.1098/rstb.2016.0028 Not only will it give you a better understanding of everything as a whole, it'll give you some confidence when reporting on the ideas we've brainstormed in this thread.
sportstl Author
wrote...
3 years ago
Okay, I will do that, and the other option is to talk about zebra mussels and bacteria?
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
Yeah, both of them thrived due to human influence, then natural selection took over leading to their rise.

Arguably, this would have rarely happened had it not been for humans have done it accidentally or purposely
sportstl Author
wrote...
3 years ago
I was also thinking of bacteria and fungi, do you think that works well too?
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
Unless you can find an example where humans have affected fungi evolution, then why not? I don't know one specifically, but that doesn't mean there isn't one
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1302 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion