s
s
b
c
R
oemBiology oemBiology
wrote...
3 years ago Edited: 3 years ago, oemBiology
When people trust someone, I would like to know on how brain works on this process "trust", does brain cells create a stronger bonding for cells' connections?

Furthermore, what about anxiety as well?

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance
Read 549 times
25 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
3 years ago
I believe trust is associated with positive emotions you feel with someone as opposed to feeling suspicion and resentment. For instance, if you're forced to trust someone whom you don't have a positive encounter with, cortisol is released in response to stress, while oxytocin decreases

In the source below, an experiment of trust was conducted on individuals. They found that two specific brain regions were actively engaged when someone thought they were trusting a close friend. Increased activity of the ventral striatum and medial prefrontal cortex were correlated with positive social value signals when participants made decisions based on a belief they were playing with a good friend. Therefore, the ventral striatum is considered a key pathway in human reward processing and positive emotions.

The medial prefrontal cortex is associated with how we perceive another person's mental state and monitoring what's happening outside our current focus of attention. The medial prefrontal cortex also plays a role in decision-making as well retrieving and consolidating memories.

Together, these brain regions provide evidence that participants felt a greater social reward when they believed their good friend had reciprocated cooperation during the game.

Source: https://www.jneurosci.org/content/35/21/8170
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
oemBiology Author
wrote...
3 years ago
the ventral striatum is considered a key pathway in human reward processing and positive emotions. The medial prefrontal cortex is associated with how we perceive another person's mental state and monitoring what's happening outside our current focus of attention. The medial prefrontal cortex also plays a role in decision-making as well retrieving and consolidating memories.

During geomagnetic storm, can this rapidly change on magnetic field effect above process on communication?

Do you find any related article for this issue?
Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)

wrote...
Staff Member
3 years ago
Nothing has been documented. Could you explain why you'd think a geomagnetic storm would alter one's ability to trust?
- Bachelor of Science
oemBiology Author
wrote...
3 years ago
On another words, could rapidly change on magnetic field effect on ventral striatum's internal communication between cells?

Do you find any related article for this issue?
Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
Hi oemBiology

I don't think magnetic forces alter brain signals.
wrote...
Staff Member
3 years ago
Neither could I
- Bachelor of Science
oemBiology Author
wrote...
3 years ago Edited: 3 years ago, oemBiology
Referring to following video, I would like to know on how to understand following statement

At 1:00, "Applying magnetic field, all blood cells line up in the same direction and
red blood cells are easily separated to" + increase surface area for air exchange (my interpretation)

At 2:33, Would Magnetic field slow blood circuitation?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how magnetic field effect red blood cells?
Thanks in advance

I don't understand on whether they implant "nano magnetic cellular switch" into the body or not, in order to control cellular signaling.

wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
At 1:00, "Applying magnetic field, all blood cells line up in the same direction and red blood cells are easily separated to" + increase surface area for air exchange (my interpretation)

What he means is that because red blood cells hold iron, when a strong enough magnetic field is present, the cells will line up in the direction at which the magnetic force is felt. So much so that the components in the blood could separate.

At 2:33, Would Magnetic field slow blood circuitation?

Yes.

Furthermore, by implanting nano conductors into the blood, you can theoretically shunt the cells to different parts of the body. This would be beneficial when conducting surgery, because rather than severing the blood vessels, and cause bleed, the surgeon could temporarily slow the blood flow down, causing less damage
oemBiology Author
wrote...
3 years ago
"when a strong enough magnetic field is present, the cells will line up in the direction at which the magnetic force is felt. So much so that the components in the blood could separate."

Once the red blood cells line up in direction, I would like to know on how magnetic field slows blood circulation.

Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks, to everyone very much for any suggestions (^v^)

wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
The magnets slow the rate at which red-blood cell move, presumably since the magnetic forces are attracted to the iron that's found in the red blood cells. The other components of blood are not affected since they do not possess hemoglobin.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
3 years ago
if red blood cells move slowly, it implied reducing oxygen delivery to different cells.

I would like to know on how reducing oxygen levels in blood circulation effect the activity of the ventral striatum and medial prefrontal cortex, which is considered a key pathway in human reward processing and positive emotions.

Do you have any suggestions?
wrote...
Educator
3 years ago
I see the connection you're making, but these magnets work locally. Meaning that the force a magnet does exert is very minimal, to a degree that's negligible. So this affect may affect the blood flow in a small section of the flesh, but not alter the entire physiology of a person
Post Merge: 3 years ago

Thinking further, you'd have exert magnet force to all parts of the body, much the same way a person who's undergoing an MRI would be exposed to. Interestingly, I could find a source that makes the connection between MRI and blood flow, maybe that's something that I'll need to look into more tomorrow
oemBiology Author
wrote...
3 years ago
Do you have any related articles so far?

Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  979 People Browsing
Related Images