t
i
r
r
bear56 bear56
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
2 years ago
Have you heard about the new special type of rocket fuel that is made from plastic waste? One company uses particular kinds of plastic to remake them in rocket fuel
Read 269 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
2 years ago
Rocket fuel is a pretty generic term for a wide range of different substances. The most common liquid rocket fuel is basically just a petroleum distillate called RP1 that is quite similar to kerosene or jet fuel.

Some rockets use liquid hydrogen. It is made by separating hydrogen gas from methane and then making the hydrogen so cold it condenses into a liquid. But there are a bunch of other fuels.

There is a very good (out of print) book called “Ignition” that is readable and accurate and more than a bit humorous that answers your question better than I ever could.

I`ve read an article about one space company that created a special technology that allows them to remake particular kinds of plastic into rocket fuel. As for me this invention is a good way how to recycle needles plastic waste all around the globe.

Skyrora is working on innovative plastic recycling method using a catalytic pyrolysis to obtain new sources of energy and high-quality fuels for aerospace industry.

Skyrora`s Ecosene fuel machine converts the following types of plastic waste:
Polypropylene (PP).
Polyester (PE).
Polystyrene (PS) and their mixtures and analogues.

With an increasing need to manage global waste as well as a growing demand for fuel (leading to a significant reduction in fossil fuels), the production of Ecosene rocket fuel has the opportunity to change the operation of the industry in years to come.

In addition to this, we can potentially reduce the transportation footprint of aviation fuel by developing a container/skid-based Ecosene process.
wrote...
A year ago
Have you heard about the new special type of rocket fuel that is made from plastic waste? One company uses particular kinds of plastic to remake them in rocket fuel
Yes, I have heard about this new type of rocket fuel made from plastic waste. It is an innovative approach to address the issue of plastic pollution while also finding new ways to fuel rockets. The process involves breaking down specific types of plastic waste into smaller molecules, which can then be transformed into a usable form of rocket fuel. This technology has the potential to revolutionize the way we think about waste management and space exploration. It is exciting to see companies working towards sustainable solutions for our planet's environmental challenges.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1272 People Browsing
 125 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite coffee beverage?
Votes: 274

Previous poll results: Where do you get your textbooks?