a
t
i
r
kyal kyal
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
2 years ago
1. Classify the relationship. Explain the reason for each as well please I had trouble with understanding the different types of relationships.
a) Bathing suit sales increase with warmer temperatures.
b) The price of peanut butter is positively correlated with fish population levels.
c) Punctuality has a positive correlation with academic achievement.
d) The prices of cars and bread have a positive correlation over many years.
e) Traffic congestion has a strong correlation with the number of urban expressways.
Read 59 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
2 years ago
1. Classify the relationship. Explain the reason for each as well please I had trouble with understanding the different types of relationships. a) Bathing suit sales increase with warmer temperatures. b) The price of peanut butter is positively correlated with fish population levels. c) Punctuality has a positive correlation with academic achievement. d) The prices of cars and bread have a positive correlation over many years. e) Traffic congestion has a strong correlation with the number of urban expressways.

initial thoughts.

a) strong positive -- as the weather temperature increases, bathing suits are purchased more.
b) no correlation
c) moderate positive
d) no correlation
e) strong negative -- as expressways increase, traffic congestion decreases

kyal Author
wrote...
2 years ago
oh srry should have been more specific I mean like cause-and-effect relationship, common-cause, reverse cause-and-effect, accidental, presumed

could you also please help with the question on linear correlation I want to be able to understand that properly your answer is a lot different than mine
wrote...
Educator
2 years ago
Could you provide an example as to what you mean? Do it for (a), then maybe I can pickup on what to do next,
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1253 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion

Previous poll results: Where do you get your textbooks?