s
a
t
i
r
sorrowssiren sorrowssiren
wrote...
13 years ago
Can anyone help me with the PhysioEx 8.0 Lab for Exercise 4 (Endocrine System Physiology) for Activity 4: "Determining the Effect of Propylthiouracil on Metabolic Rate" Neutral Face

It's the very last thing I have to turn in and be finished with this semester! This exercise has really kicked my butt, and I would GREATLY, GREATLY appreciate any help anyone could give me in getting this completed...

Thanks a million times in advance!!!!

(Wish I'd discovered this website at the BEGINNING of this semester!! I coulda used it!)
Read 1896 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
13 years ago
This is all that is available...

Activity 4: Determining the Effect of Propylthiouracil on Metabolic Rate (p. 48)

7. On the normal rat, the metabolic rate after propylthiouracil injection is slower than the
baseline metabolic rate.
Propylthiouracil is antagonistic to thyroxine and will tend to decrease the effects of
thyroxine.
On the thyroidectomized rat, the metabolic rate after propylthiouracil injection is the
same as the baseline metabolic rate.
Since the thyroidectomized rat cannot make any thyroxine, the propylthiouracil has
nothing to be antagonistic to and therefore has no effect.
On the hypophysectomized rat, the metabolic rate after propylthiouracil injection is the
same as the baseline metabolic rate.
Since the hypophysectomized rat does not have a functional thyroid gland, no thyroxine
is being made and there is nothing for the propylthiouracil to be antagonistic to.
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
sorrowssiren Author
wrote...
13 years ago
You are a GOD-send, thank you so much!!!

Out of this entire lab book, this chapter/exercise is the only one that left me scratching my head and lost as could be! lol

Thank you so much for your help!!!! You are awesome!!!!   Person Raising Both Hands in Celebration
wrote...
Staff Member
13 years ago
You are a GOD-send, thank you so much!!!

Out of this entire lab book, this chapter/exercise is the only one that left me scratching my head and lost as could be! lol

Thank you so much for your help!!!! You are awesome!!!!   Person Raising Both Hands in Celebration

Welcome...
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1234 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which country would you like to visit for its food?
Votes: 204