t
i
r
r
Mabel Akpotohwo Mabel Akpotohwo
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
A year ago
What does religion mean to you? How would you define it? What’s necessary for something to be a ‘religion’?

textbook= A Concise Introduction to
World Religions
Fourth Edition

Edited by
Amir Hussain Loyola Marymount University
Roy C. Amore University of Windsor
Willard G. Oxtoby University of Toronto
Source  A Concise Introduction to
World Religions
Fourth Edition

Edited by
Amir Hussain Loyola Marymount University
Roy C. Amore University of Windsor
Willard G. Oxtoby University of Toronto
Read 89 times
2 Replies
Replies
wrote...
A year ago
Religion to me means beliefs that I follow, and things I worship. I also think its  values and beliefs that exist between an individual and a community. Its sometimes believed to be peoples religious beliefs which may vary from different group of people, some may have a Christian, Hinduism or Islamic region. Religion gives human a sense of belonging in the community and as society at whole. It shapes human natural and social behavior in the society. Religion is the stepping stone of a successful community.

Religion definition i would define it a set of beliefs that are practiced by a community or individual. I can also define it as a set of ideas, beliefs and social values that guide individual, a group or community. some actions of religion are worship, sacrifices and participating in religious activities.

For something to be 'Religion' it should have some distinct religious history, membership which is not associated with any other denomination, recognized form of worship and distinct legal existence
Answer accepted by topic starter
ashlenashlen
wrote...
A year ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free