a
t
i
r
r
oemBiology Author
wrote...
A year ago Edited: A year ago, oemBiology
sneezing really hard, high blood pressure, too much screen time.

I would like to know on what cause high blood pressure with eye, and how to keep blood pressure low.

Would high blood pressure cause by bright light or blue light from screen?
Does Sun glass / dark-mode (screen) help to reduce the source of light to reduce blood pressure?
I already wear anti-blue light glass, does it help as well?

Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)
wrote...
Educator
A year ago
Would high blood pressure cause by bright light or blue light from screen?

No, there's no connection.

I already wear anti-blue light glass, does it help as well?

That's unnecessary, just lower the brightness of your screen to a minimum.

I meant high blood pressure on a systemic level.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
A year ago
That's unnecessary, just lower the brightness of your screen to a minimum. I meant high blood pressure on a systemic level.

I already reduce brightness of screen to a minimum, would wearing Sunglass help to reduce blood pressure on a systemic level?

I would like to know on what cause high blood pressure within eye related to brightness of screen,
Do you find any article related to this issue?
wrote...
Educator
A year ago
I already reduce brightness of screen to a minimum, would wearing Sunglass help to reduce blood pressure on a systemic level?

Certainly not. Again, there's no connection between that and blood pressure. Blood pressure is a systemic issue that is caused by years of poor dieting (i.e. high cholesterol), lack of exercise, etc. High blood pressure has negative effects everywhere, not just one's vision. On a side note, I have seen cases of people with detached retinas caused by violently vomiting. Hence, it's not necessarily high blood pressure that could cause this.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
I find out that my eye pressure gets higher during a nap,
My left eye get higher pressure, would it be caused by closer to heart?
Furthermore, how does liquid get in and out of eyeball?
is there any kind of muscles controlling the liquid flow within eyeball?
When muscles are tight for not letting liquid out of eyeball, then it increases pressure within eyeballs.
Is there any term to describe those muscles?

Post Merge: A year ago

During pupillary examination, doctor uses bright light into my eye in order to exam Pigment Epithelial Detachment, would this bright light hurt retina cell further?

wrote...
Educator
A year ago
The central retinal artery brings fresh blood into the eye. It runs through a narrow channel inside of the optic nerve, entering the back of the eye. A branching network of arteries then spreads out from this artery across nearly all parts of the retina.

These blood vessels spread across the inner surface of the retina, and can be seen when an eye doctor looks into the eye through the pupil. Light passes through these vessels before being detected by the retina.

Furthermore, the sclera (white part of the eye) is avascular (lacking blood vessels); nutrients come from the choroid and vascular plexi in Tenon's capsule and episclera. The sclera is relatively inactive metabolically and has only a limited blood supply. Some blood vessels pass through the sclera to other tissues, but the sclera itself is considered avascular.

During pupillary examination, doctor uses bright light into my eye in order to exam Pigment Epithelial Detachment, would this bright light hurt retina cell further?

The bright light is being shined into the eye to observe the central retinal artery. It's only temporary, and hence doesn't cause any damage.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
A year ago
What cause the hardness of eyeball? I can test the hardness on eyeball using following approach.
Could blood pressure increase hardness of eyeball?

"Finger measurement", two fingers, two steps, you can self-test whether the intraocular pressure is too high.

The softness of the lips, the intraocular pressure is normal.
As hard as the tip of the nose, the intraocular pressure has risen to mild to moderate.
The hardness of the forehead is the same, and the intraocular pressure is already very high.
Anonymous
wrote...
A year ago
High pressure inside the eye is caused by an imbalance in the production and drainage of fluid in the eye (aqueous humor). The channels that normally drain the fluid from inside the eye do not function properly. More fluid is continually being produced but cannot be drained because of the improperly functioning drainage channels. This results in an increased amount of fluid inside the eye, thus raising the pressure.

As a result, the optic nerve in the eye can be damaged by too high of a pressure. People with very thick but normal corneas often have eye pressure measuring at the high levels of normal or even a little bit higher.  Their pressures may actually be lower and normal but the thick corneas cause a falsely high reading during measurements.

A component of the eye that plays a fundamental role in draining out the aqueous humor is the Schlemm’s canal. It collects the aqueous humor and mediates its transfer from the eye chambers into the blood circulation. The cells on the walls of the canal, endothelial cells, ship the liquid from the inner to the outer side in ‘packages,’ called vacuoles. As the shape and number of the vacuoles reflect the outflow performance, several giant vacuoles are expected in the normal outflow process.

Source: https://www.brightfocus.org/glaucoma/article/glaucoma-and-importance-eyes-drainage-system
oemBiology Author
wrote...
A year ago
High pressure inside the eye is caused by an imbalance in the production and drainage of fluid in the eye (aqueous humor). The channels that normally drain the fluid from inside the eye do not function properly. More fluid is continually being produced but cannot be drained because of the improperly functioning drainage channels. This results in an increased amount of fluid inside the eye, thus raising the pressure. As a result, the optic nerve in the eye can be damaged by too high of a pressure. People with very thick but normal corneas often have eye pressure measuring at the high levels of normal or even a little bit higher. Their pressures may actually be lower and normal but the thick corneas cause a falsely high reading during measurements. A component of the eye that plays a fundamental role in draining out the aqueous humor is the Schlemm’s canal. It collects the aqueous humor and mediates its transfer from the eye chambers into the blood circulation. The cells on the walls of the canal, endothelial cells, ship the liquid from the inner to the outer side in ‘packages,’ called vacuoles. As the shape and number of the vacuoles reflect the outflow performance, several giant vacuoles are expected in the normal outflow process. Source: https://www.brightfocus.org/glaucoma/article/glaucoma-and-importance-eyes-drainage-system

ForSchlemm's canal, when the trabecular meshwork gets clogged and excess fluid cannot be drained,
can this area be massaged to relief those clogged area within trabecular meshwork?

Thanks, to everyone very much for any suggestions (^v^)

Anonymous
wrote...
A year ago
I'm not really sure if a physical massage works.

Current pharmacological therapies for lowering the intraocular pressure in glaucoma include increasing aqueous humor outflow and suppression of aqueous humor production. For example, aqueous humor production is reduced by both topical and systemic carbonic anhydrase inhibitors which decrease the production of aqueous humor by the epithelial cells of the ciliary body. Aqueous humor outflow is increased by prostaglandin agonists that increase outflow mainly through the uveoscleral pathway, possibly through the activation of matrix metalloproteinases, and also through the trabecular meshwork. Other glaucoma medications such as adrenergic agonists decrease outflow resistance through mechanisms that are not completely clear.

Current surgical therapies also seek to lower the intraocular pressure by increasing aqueous outflow or decreasing aqueous humor production. For example, ciliary body ablative laser treatments such as cyclcophotocoagulation laser (either transcleral or endopscopic) seek to partially destroy the cililary body to decrease aqueous production. In contrast, laser trabeculoplasty modifies the trabecular meshwork (in a manner still not known) to decrease outflow resistance. Other surgeries such as trabeculectomy, glaucoma drainage implants, and glaucoma shunts (which penetrate the trabecular meshwork and cannulate Schlemm’s canal or create a path through the scleral wall) bypass outflow resistance by shunting aqueous humor through or around the trabecular meshwork. Newer procedures such as canaloplasty (which dilates Schlemm’s canal) and other shunts which seek to open the uveoscleral pathway by creating a mini-cyclodialysis cleft all involve increasing outflow by opening existing aqueous drainage pathways or creating new pathways.

I think the current procedure is to use lasers. Please read this excerpt.

Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3032230/
oemBiology Author
wrote...
Intraocular pressure is unstable during daily active,
opening existing aqueous drainage pathways or creating new pathways seems not a good approach, since Schlemm’s canal should have control on when to open and close during properly operation.
Is there any well known cause on making Schlemm’s canal not able to drain?

When I look at bright light / screen, I feel intraocular pressure, would it be caused by irritating any kind of muscles within eye? so any muscle related to Schlemm’s canal cannot relax and hold muscles tight, which cause not able to drain.

Do you find any related articles about this issue?

wrote...
Educator
A year ago
According to this article,

There have been plenty of attempts to investigate the root cause of this pathological factor in the past with various in vitro and animal models for glaucoma – but nothing gleaned from these studies has been effectively translated into preventing or treating the tissue malfunction.

Has your doctor mentioned anything about glaucoma? I suggest you also read the following article https://www.eurekalert.org/news-releases/880638

My suggestion would be to avoid anything that irritates your eyes. Hence, I would reduce screen time if that it causing you irritation.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
A year ago
I would like to know on which organ controls the production of aqueous humor, that is constantly produced and drained out from the eye.

Do you find any related articles on how bright light effects production of aqueous humor?
wrote...
Educator
A year ago
Schematic diagram of the ocular structures important in aqueous fluid production and outflow. Aqueous humor is produced by the ciliary body and flows around the iris and out of the eye, passing through the trabecular meshwork and into Schlemm’s canal and the collector channels.
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1397 People Browsing
 131 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite funny biology word?
Votes: 328