t
i
r
r
wrote...
Educator
A year ago Edited: A year ago, bio_man
Hi oemBiology

Have you been tested to see if you have glaucoma? I looked up online that eye pain or pressure is associated with glaucoma, and subsides when relaxed within 20-30 mins, like you reported.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
A year ago Edited: A year ago, oemBiology
Hi oemBiology Have you been tested to see if you have glaucoma? I looked up online that eye pain or pressure is associated with glaucoma, and subsides when relaxed within 20-30 mins, like you reported.

"Glaucoma is associated with characteristic damage to the optic nerve and patterns of visual field loss which principally involves the loss of retinal ganglion cells (RGCs). "
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5106492/

I did test on eye exam last time, it only show very little area (pop up - I don't know what term should be described) on retina at early stage, and also did the test on Glaucoma, and I did not see any blind spot at this moment.  

I keep monitoring Intraocular pressure, after using warm water washing and massaging my face, Intraocular pressure drops immediately. I would like to know on how trabecular meshwork and Schlemm’s canal works together,

1) would getting stress from bright light make muscle (trabecular meshwork and Schlemm’s canal) tight and not able to relax and let Aqueous humor flow out of the eye?

2) would looking in front of computer (close object) make muscle (trabecular meshwork and Schlemm’s canal) tight and not able to relax and let Aqueous humor flow out of the eye?

Before sleeping, I confirm that Intraocular pressure is normal, once I close my eye for a period, I get no idea on why Intraocular pressure increases without bright light at all.

Aqueous humor is produced by the ciliary body and flows around the iris and out of the eye, passing through the trabecular meshwork and into Schlemm’s canal and the collector channels.

I might know where the pain comes from, it maybe increasing Intraocular pressure on retina, and I would like to confirm on whether retina can feels pain or not from increasing Intraocular pressure.

Do  you find any related article about this situation?
Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)
wrote...
Educator
A year ago
I might know where the pain comes from, it maybe increasing Intraocular pressure on retina, and I would like to confirm on whether retina can feels pain or not from increasing Intraocular pressure.

The retina cannot feel pain, no pain receptors there.

Before sleeping, I confirm that Intraocular pressure is normal, once I close my eye for a period, I get no idea on why Intraocular pressure increases without bright light at all.

To understand you better, you do feel pressure when you close your eyes in the dark too?

I keep monitoring Intraocular pressure, after using warm water washing and massaging my face, Intraocular pressure drops immediately. I would like to know on how trabecular meshwork and Schlemm’s canal works together,

Beyond from what has already been discussed, I'm not entirely sure. Maybe in bright light, the muscles in the iris contract, causing neighboring tissue to feel strain; but even if that is the case, it wouldn't increase pressure.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
he retina cannot feel pain, no pain receptors there.

what structure has pain receptors within eyeball?

To understand you better, you do feel pressure when you close your eyes in the dark too?

Yes, I close my eye in the dark,  Intraocular pressure increases without bright light at all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess that case 2 is more likely causing the problem, due to not able to relax muscle to drain out Aqueous humor effectively, which cause Intraocular pressure to increases

1) Aqueous humor is produced by the ciliary body and flows around the iris (Normal)
2) Aqueous humor out of the eye, passing through the trabecular meshwork and into Schlemm’s canal and the collector channels. (Blocking)

Do you have any suggestions?
wrote...
Educator
A year ago
The cornea, in the front of the eye, has more pain receptors per square inch than anywhere else in the body.

2) Aqueous humor out of the eye, passing through the trabecular meshwork and into Schlemm’s canal and the collector channels. (Blocking)

Yes, possibly.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
The cornea, in the front of the eye, has more pain receptors per square inch than anywhere else in the body.

Cornea is in front of eyeball, but pain is located at the back of eyeball, would it be any muscle around retina?

Yes, possibly.
Blinking eye movement seems to be an efficiency approach to reduce Intraocular pressure,  I would like to know on what cause blocking around those area ( through the trabecular meshwork and into Schlemm’s canal and the collector channels).

Do you find any related articles about this blocking issue?
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1151 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which country would you like to visit for its food?
Votes: 204