× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
  
  
Top Posters
Since Sunday
36
18
s
13
13
12
g
6
N
6
o
6
6
h
5
l
5
i
5
New Topic  
ClaraY ClaraY
wrote...
Posts: 12
Rep: 0 0
A week ago
I've seen several people going to the news claiming to have an internal allergy to water to the extent that drinking a sip of water causes a (potentially fatal) internal allergic reaction, such as anaphylactic shock or swelling of the throat. Why don't they have an allergic reaction whenever they swallow their saliva? Isn't it mostly water molecules? Saliva constantly coats the mouth and throat so why aren't their throats swollen shut constantly? Saliva is 99.5% water. It's even more pure than seawater.

Tessa Hansen Smith, an Instagram celebrity who goes under the Instagram handle of livingwaterless, is one of the latest claimants of internal water allergy. She claims she has an internal (mouth, throat, internal organs, veins/bloodstream) and external (skin) allergy to water molecules. She claims she has a very painful internal reaction to intravenous saline, explaining that this is because saline contains water molecules, and the immune cells in her blood are reacting to the presence of water molecules.
Read 33 times

Related Topics

New Topic      
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  242 People Browsing
 398 Signed Up Today
Related Images
  
 244
  
 221
  
 232
Your Opinion
What's your favorite coffee beverage?
Votes: 227