s
a
t
i
r
Anonymous Anna le
wrote...
8 months ago
1. Oogenesis is the process of female gamete (ovum or egg) production in animals. Spermatogenesis is the process of male gamete (sperm) production in animals. Although both processes produce gamete(s), there are distinct similarities and differences between the two.

Compare and contrast oogenesis to spermatogenesis by drawing a diagram showing the two processes. In your hand-drawn diagrams, be sure to include
when the processes of mitosis, meiosis I and meiosis II are occurring
identify each germ cell structure and its ploidy
highlight 4 differences between the two processes
Upload your hand-drawn diagrams with explanation using the tool below. (3 marks)
Answer files

2. The conifer plant has 18 chromosomes. For each of the four stages on the diagram of the conifer life cycle, labelled A-D, identify whether the stage is haploid or diploid, and indicate the number of chromosomes that would be found in the cells at each stage. (2 marks)
Stage
Haploid or Diploid?
Number of chromosomes found in cells?
A
 haploid     9
B
 haploid     9
C
 diploid    18
D
 diploid   18

please double check if my answers are correct

There are two processes in meiosis that contribute to genetic variation.
Name each process. (0.5 marks)
Identify the meiotic stage it occurs in, and identify that stage in the diagram above. (1 mark)
Explain how each event contributes to genetic variation. (1 mark)

1   2
Name of the Processes   

Stages in Meiosis        
Diagram Numbers      
Explanation       

1 and 3 are more urgent !!
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Read 193 times
1 Reply