× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
Fasia3 Fasia3
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
I'm a science fiction writer; this question came up when I was researching a story idea.

Details:
What I mean is, if you HAD skin, it was just invisible, what would the body look like? In particular, what would the hands and fingers look like?

My first thought is that red flesh would be visible, but if you still had skin (it was just invisible), wouldn't your blood be blue? Since it only turns red when it comes in direct contact with oxygen? And I'm thinking that bones would also be visible directly beneath the skin...

Someone told me you would appear yellow, since there's a layer of fat sitting beneath the skin. You're blood is only blue when it is de-oxygenated, however only your veins carry de-oxygenated blood, where as your arteries containing oxygenated blood would appear red.

But even with that information, I can't get a good picture of what a hand would look like without skin. Any information would be helpful. Thank you for reading.
Read 710 times
1 Reply