a
t
i
r
smiller smiller
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
Okay I really need help explaining muscle joints etc on here. What my picture is going to be of is me holding my baby putting him into his car seat. I will be having my hands underneath his armpits lifting him up because my car is tall and I am short. If you need any more info let me know, for some reason I am really struggling on this assignment. Thank you for any help that you can give me!

Application Assignment #1

Name:    Samantha Settlemire                     
Student ID#: 4249909

Situation:  Snap shot!

(Part One):  Option 1: Take a photo of yourself performing an action or task with your upper extremity. Provide a written caption for your photo to describe what you are doing. (Keep this professional and PG, please!)
                     or…
   Option 2: In lieu of a photo, you will need to provide a very detailed description of yourself performing this action or task such that it is VERY clear to understand what you are demonstrating - use proper terminology (i.e. I am standing facing a basketball hoop, legs flexed/abducted/extended shoulder width apart, my right arm is flexed/extended/supinated at the __ joint, etc. You may not use this exact example).      [15 total points possible]
I am lifting my baby into his car seat.
(Part Two): Muscles, Joints and Bones Anatomy [35 total points possible]
A.   Which bones (choose four) of the body are used to perform the action or task as seen in your photo or detailed description? [10 points possible]
B.   Which muscles (choose four) are used to move the bone s you chose in part A?  [10 points possible]
C.   Name one joint that is being moved by one or more of the muscles you chose in part B.  [5 points possible]
i.   What motion is occurring at this joint while performing your action or task in your photo or description?  (i.e. flexion, extension, supination, etc. )
 [5 points possible]
ii.   What are the structural and functional classifications of the joint you chose? [5 points possible]
(Part Three): Nervous System and Muscles [40 total points possible]
D.   Which nerves directly innervate the muscles you chose in Part Two B above?(i.e. Gluteus Maximus – inferior gluteal nerve) [10 points possible]
E.   Suppose you were injured while performing the action or task in your photo or description and your muscles were not receiving proper signal from their associated nerves. What is the term for this and what changes to your upper extremity would you expect to see? [15 points possible]
F.   Suppose that you were required to wear a cast for your injury for several weeks, explain what could occur to the muscles that are immobilized over time?   What is the term for this?  [15 points possible]
*Remember that all answers MUST be in your own words with APA in-text citations and references included. Use of proper terminology (no abbreviations, lay terms, etc.) and correct spelling and grammar is expected. [10 points possible]

(Part One):  Option 1:  (insert photo here)

Option 2:     

(Part Two): Muscles, Joints and Bones Anatomy
   A.
   B.
   C.
      i.
      ii.
(Part Three): Nervous System and Muscles
   D.
   E.
   F.

Read 1446 times