a
t
i
r
mishaaus mishaaus
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
under experimental conditions when there are no limiting factors affecting their population
 growth,most bacteria will double their population size every 20 mins. under these conditions the population exhibits its.

a. enviromental resistance
b. desity dependance
c. carrying capacity
d. biotic potential

there all very similar
Read 1664 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
12 years ago
c. carrying capacity

I'd guess that.
wrote...
Staff Member
11 years ago
Please update us with the right answer...
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
wrote...
11 years ago
Actually, the answer should be D. Biotic Potential. That's the maximum reproductive capacity of a population when there are no restrictions on factors.
wrote...
11 years ago Edited: 11 years ago, mafhh
I would agree with biobio because biotic potential is exactly the the ability of a population to grow in a condition with no limiting factors- in conditions where everything is at its optimum point.

It cannot be B because density dependence refers to the limitation caused by the density of the population. ie. no more space to grow.

Carrying capacity, C, is "the environment's" maximum capacity to hold a species and has nothing to do with the species potential (as in its not the inability of the species but the environment instead).

And finally A is, The resistance presented by the environmental conditions to limit a species from growing out of control or to stop them from reproducing at maximum rate- again not the right answer.

Couldve done an easy search on wiki and biology-online to find the definitions Slight Smile
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1333 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4