× Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask a question
Top Posters
Since Sunday
sandra032807 sandra032807
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
Hi everyone,
I need help answering a few questions from my biology lab.  My son got a hold of my disc and scratched it.  The disc works for the most part but freezes when I attempt to do the simulation for the exercise.  I have majority of it done and just need help on activities 2-5 and the review sheet questions 2-5.  Here are the questions that I need help on for I can not access it properly myself.  Any help would be appreciated... Thanks in advance to anyone that responds!!!! Slight Smile

ACTIVITY 2 – Determining the Latent Period

How long is the latent period?

What occurs in the muscle during this apparent lack of activity?

ACTIVITY 3 – Investigating Graded Muscle Response to Increased Stimulus Intensity

What is the minimal, or threshold, stimulus?

What is the maximal stimulus?

How can you explain the increase in force that you observe?

ACTIVITY 4 – Investigating Treppe

What happens to force production with each subsequent stimulus?

ACTIVITY 5 – Investigating Wave Summation

Is the peak force produced in the second contraction greater that that produced by the first stimulus?

Try simulating again at greater frequencies by clicking the Single Stimulus button several times in rapid succession.  Is the total force production even greater?

In order to produce smooth, sustained muscle contraction at Active Force = 2gms, do you think you will need to increase or decrease the voltage?

Change the voltage to test your hypothesis and try rapidly clicking Single Stimulus several times.  At what voltage were you able to achieve Active Force = 2gms?

How does the frequency of stimulation affect the amount of force generated by the muscle? 

REVIEW SHEET EXERCISE 2 – Questions 2, 3, and 4

2.  In activity 2, how long was the latent period?  Describe the chemical changes that are occurring during this period.

3.  From activity 3, describe the effect of increasing the voltage.  What happened to the force generated and why did this change occur?

4.  How does this change occur in vivo? 

Read 2154 times
1 Reply