a
u
o
RibosomePoo RibosomePoo
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
How do bacteria reach new locations?

I think fungi can spread by spores in the air. So they can appear on a piece of bread in the right conditions. But this is sort of what I'm asking about bacteria. How do they appear in new places? For example, the bacteria which causes acne vulgaris. Where do they come from?

"they appear when the conditions are right for their growth".. but how did they get there?
Read 819 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
bacteria have numerous modes of transportation. You are right there are spore forming bacteria, that undergo normal growth and form spores throughout their life cycles which can lay dormant for decades possibly. For instance the bacillis anthricas outbreak on an island in Britain there are spores from the outbreak that are still viable and this happen what 30 years ago i believe im not sure about the date. other modes of mobility  are from contact. you have countless amounts of bacteria on you as we speak and everywhere you go and everything you touch you pick up and deposit bacteria. other bacteria are motile which is different from mobile. mobile means it can move but motile means it can move under its own power example cocci are not motile but they can be mobile. motile bacterium can move via flagella or cillia. hope this helped
wrote...
Educator
11 years ago
Due to their size, they can be carried by a multitude of vectors, including insects, your hands, saliva, etc.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1082 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which 'study break' activity do you find most distracting?
Votes: 820