t
m
p
m
musicmon musicmon
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
1.Explain the evolutionary advancement of respiratory systems in animal phyla in terms of size of the respiratory surface. As part of your answer, discuss the individual adaptations of four animal phyla.

2.What factors regulate gas exchange in animals at the tissue/ cellular level?
Read 2852 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
1.Explain the evolutionary advancement of respiratory systems in animal phyla in terms of size of the respiratory surface. As part of your answer, discuss the individual adaptations of four animal phyla.

The rate of diffusion is proportional to the surface area over which a gas is diffusion (as well as some other variables...See Fick's Law of Diffusion for more info!)

As for your phyla... For arthroprods - try googling Malphigian Tubules. For cnidarians - the gastrovascular cavity. Chordates - so many good ones to choose from! Fish (gills), Humans (lungs), etc.
wrote...
11 years ago
2.What factors regulate gas exchange in animals at the tissue/ cellular level?

Concentration of the gases within the tissues vs. concentration of those gases in the capillaries (passive diffusion).

If we're talking about humans and oxygen, then concentration of the oxygen at the tissues vs. the affinity hemoglobin has for oxygen.
musicmon Author
wrote...
11 years ago
Thank you guys so much! That was really helpful and I got full points on my assignment!!
wrote...
11 years ago
Thank you guys so much! That was really helpful and I got full points on my assignment!!

Could you post all the solutions to that assignment?  Crying Face
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  999 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite math subject?
Votes: 314