a
t
i
r
nini07 nini07
wrote...
Donated
13 years ago
Cyanoacrylate is the generic name for cyanoacrylate based fast-acting adhesives such as methyl 2-cyanoacrylate, ethyl-2-cyanoacrylate (commonly sold under trade names like Super Glue and Krazy Glue), and n-butyl cyanoacrylate (used in the veterinary glues Vetbond and LiquiVet and skin glues like GluStitch, Xoin, Indermil, LiquiBand® and Histoacryl). 2-octyl cyanoacrylate is a medical grade glue encountered under various trade names; e.g., derma+flex® QS™, SurgiSeal, Octylseal, FloraSeal, Dermabond, Surgi-Lock and Nexaband. This was developed to be non-toxic and less irritating to skin tissue. Cyanoacrylate adhesives are sometimes known as "instant glues".
Read 3297 times
9 Replies
HOPE*FAITH*LOVE

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
lol What is this?
nini07 Author
wrote...
Donated
13 years ago
lol What is this?
Dermabond is what they use instead of staples or stitches. my point is that the trade name is KRAZY glue or super glue. Its made from the same ingredient. CRAZY:)
HOPE*FAITH*LOVE
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
Dermabond is what they use instead of staples or stitches. my point is that the trade name is KRAZY glue or super glue. Its made from the same ingredient. CRAZY:)

ha ha I didn't make the connection till now lol
nini07 Author
wrote...
Donated
13 years ago
ha ha I didn't make the connection till now lol
someone i know used SUPER GLUE several years back and told me it was the same thing and I laughed and in nursing school, i learned its the same stuff except DERMABOND has a purplish dye.
HOPE*FAITH*LOVE
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
someone i know used SUPER GLUE several years back and told me it was the same thing and I laughed and in nursing school, i learned its the same stuff except DERMABOND has a purplish dye.

So you laughed because you thought they were actually different? Face with Stuck-out Tongue
nini07 Author
wrote...
Donated
13 years ago
So you laughed because you thought they were actually different? Face with Stuck-out Tongue
i thought that they were crazy, i was a banker back then!!! haha Slight Smile
HOPE*FAITH*LOVE
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
i thought that they were crazy, i was a banker back then!!! haha Slight Smile

ha ha Silly bankers, well know you've let the whole world know the connection between Crazy and crazy glue Grinning Face including me!
nini07 Author
wrote...
Donated
13 years ago
YUP!!! We learn something new each day.   Person Raising Both Hands in Celebration
HOPE*FAITH*LOVE
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
YUP!!! We learn something new each day.   Person Raising Both Hands in Celebration

Thanks!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1397 People Browsing
Gallery

Your Opinion
Which of the following is the best resource to supplement your studies:
Votes: 292

Previous poll results: What's your favorite math subject?