a
t
i
r
Parik Parik
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
9 years ago
Hi, this is an (ILC) Independent Learning Centre questions!!! I need help please!! its an online class!!

19.   Consider a cross between a pea plant that is heterozygous for round seeds and a pea plant that has wrinkled seeds. The allele for round seeds (R) is dominant over that for wrinkled seeds (r). Using a Punnett square, determine the genotypes of the offspring.

20.   In guinea pigs, the black coat (B) is dominant over the white coat (b), and straight hair (H) is dominant over curly hair (h). Using a Punnett square, complete the cross between a heterozygous black, curly-haired individual and a homozygous straight-haired, white individual. State the parent genotypes, gametes, and the F1 phenotypes and genotypes.
Read 1152 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
9 years ago
19) Okay so we are crossing Rr (Heterozygous round) with rr (wrinkled seeds are recessive hence must be homozygous). So Rr x rr = Rr, Rr, rr, rr. Those are the genotypes. They phenotypes would be 2 round seeds and 2 wrinkled seeds.

Parik Author
wrote...
9 years ago Edited: 9 years ago, Parik
Thank you so much! I just finished this question and I got the same answer, I appreciate it!!!  Slight Smile

Now I got to figure #20
Post Merge: 9 years ago

19) Okay so we are crossing Rr (Heterozygous round) with rr (wrinkled seeds are recessive hence must be homozygous). So Rr x rr = Rr, Rr, rr, rr. Those are the genotypes. They phenotypes would be 2 round seeds and 2 wrinkled seeds.

Hi!! I am new here and I thought I wouldnt get a reply back but this is just amazing!! Thank you so much! I just finished this question and I got the same answer, I appreciate it!!! Slight Smile

Now I got to figure #20
wrote...
9 years ago

Genotype of 1st parent Bbhh

Gentotype of 2nd parent bbHH

a crosss would produce progeny with 50% BbHh genotype (phenotype is black coat with straight hair) and 50% with bbHh genotype (phenotype is white coat with straight hair)

parents gametes were

Bh and bh for first parent

and

bH abd bH for the second

hope this helps!
wrote...
9 years ago
19) Genotypes are 1/2 Rr and 1/2 rr

20)Parents are Bbhh and bbHH
F1 individuals are: 1/2 BbHh and 1/2 bbHh
Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1264 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which country would you like to visit for its food?
Votes: 204