a
t
i
r
Kate Kate
wrote...
13 years ago Edited: 13 years ago, Kate
Hello there!
  I just completed activities 6-8 in exercise 2 of the Phsyio Ex 8.0 book, and my professor wants me to to be able to answer some questions related to the experiments.  I answered most of them, but I'm not entirely sure about these (I've bolded the questions and italicized any of the answers I've already given):

c.  With continued recruitment, is there a point at which there is no further increase in force?
           If so, when is there no further increase in the amount of force the muscle generates?

3.  a.  In the experiment, explain what happened to active force as the ‘voltage’ increased? As it
          decreased?

As the ‘voltage’ increased, the active force increased as well.  Conversely, as the ‘voltage’ decreased, the active force also decreased.

b.  In the experiments, explain what happened to active force as the ‘rate of stimulation’
          increased?  As it decreased?

As the ‘rate of stimulation’ increased, the active force increased, and when the ‘rate of stimulation’ decreased, so did the active force.

c.  You increased or decreased voltage in the experiments.  In the human body what is
          equivalent to ‘voltage’?   How does it vary during muscle contraction?

In the human body, ‘voltage’ is equivalent to Adenosine triphosphate (ATP). I'm not sure if that is correct  Neutral Face

d. In the experiments, you also varied the frequency of stimulation. What is the human body
         equivalent to that ‘rate of stimulation’?  How does it vary during muscle contraction? 

e. Putting it all together, what two things does the human body adjust to maintain a
         smooth contraction as the weight it bears varies?

B.  Describe how passive force changed during activity 8.  Make sure to explain the cause of
           the change in passive force at the end of the experiment.  Why did these changes occur?

ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED   Slight Smile
Read 7049 times