s
d
a
g
j
rainbows246 rainbows246
wrote...
14 years ago
Hello, I was just wondering if anyone out there knows this textbook?

It is called Understanding Biology, published by Times Mirror Mosby and by Raven & Johnson.
Appearently it was used in the old OAC biology course in Ontario, but when they changed the curriculum the textbooks stopped being used. However, my biology teacher occasionally uses them because they go into far greater depth than the Nelson Biology 12 textbooks.

Just wondering if anyone out there had a pdf or can find a place to download a ebook version of the textbook, since I know this can be done with the Nelson Biology textbooks. This would be great since then I can take more indepth notes and get a better understanding.

Thanks so much.
Read 3448 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
14 years ago
Hey rainbows246, why would your teacher be using such an ancient book? Everything in there is likely out-dated. My old professor helped write the Nelson 12 Biology textbook and it is excellent. I think there is a bit of mal-practice when a teacher is using a book that is over 20 years old. It kind of bothers me.

I searched our database and while it does exist, we don't have it Undecided.
wrote...
13 years ago
I found one that they are selling on this website:

http://www.bookbyte.com/1/1/19210-understanding-biology-by-raven.html
~Live well, laugh often, and love with all of your heart!~
wrote...
13 years ago
And here:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/UNDERSTANDING-BIOLOGY-2ND-EDITION-1991-RAVEN-JOHNSON-/350389062601?pt=US_Texbook_Education&hash=item5194d0cbc9#ht_550wt_911
~Live well, laugh often, and love with all of your heart!~
rainbows246 Author
wrote...
13 years ago
THANK YOU SO MUCH SARAH AND BIO_MAN

@bio_man
yes its really ironic because she said herself that the textbooks are really really REALLY old, and that she might have even used them in high school. Regardless, its what I have to work with, so i guess I'm going to buy a copy.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1668 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which 'study break' activity do you find most distracting?
Votes: 824