t
i
r

DNR

nini07 nini07
wrote...
Donated
13 years ago
WHAT do you all think about when a patient is dying and the family members want to sign a DO NOT RESEsCITATE? The patient was suppossed to be a full code.
Read 1719 times
7 Replies
HOPE*FAITH*LOVE
Replies
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
Hey Nini, you mean like non-voluntary euthanasia? I'm totally against it Frowning Face
nini07 Author
wrote...
Donated
13 years ago
BAsically its when a patient has not signed that if they start to code that they do not want them to try and bring them back.  A DNR can be signed any time before they are critical. In this case the patient wanted them to work on him. he was having respiratory problems. Once the BP and O2 levels went low the family wanted to sign a DNR. SO they did but then within minutes the pt slowly became stable!!! WEIRD!!
HOPE*FAITH*LOVE
wrote...
13 years ago
I don't think that the family has the right to request a DNR once the patient goes unconscious. If it's not prohibited by law then i think it is ethically.
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
BAsically its when a patient has not signed that if they start to code that they do not want them to try and bring them back.  A DNR can be signed any time before they are critical. In this case the patient wanted them to work on him. he was having respiratory problems. Once the BP and O2 levels went low the family wanted to sign a DNR. SO they did but then within minutes the pt slowly became stable!!! WEIRD!!

You see, that's the problem with non-voluntary euthanasia, that is, you never when if the patient will get better. By allowing the person to die against his/her own will, even the possibility of spontaneous remission, which is a rare phenomenon associated with an unexpected improvement or cure of a medical condition, is guaranteed not to occur. That's why I'm against it. Thankfully the person revived after a few minutes - stupid family Undecided
nini07 Author
wrote...
Donated
13 years ago
YES I AGREE!!!  Slight Smile I thought I was the only one that had mixed feelings on this topic.
HOPE*FAITH*LOVE
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
YES I AGREE!!!  Slight Smile I thought I was the only one that had mixed feelings on this topic.

Exactly, a nurse should always think positively, that's what makes a good nurse Wink Face
nini07 Author
wrote...
Donated
13 years ago
Exactly, a nurse should always think positively, that's what makes a good nurse Wink Face
THANKS Wink Face
HOPE*FAITH*LOVE
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1272 People Browsing
Gallery

Your Opinion
Which 'study break' activity do you find most distracting?
Votes: 741