a
t
i
r
nini07 nini07
wrote...
Donated
13 years ago
Does CAnada have a universal healthcare system? How does it work? Will it ever work in the U.S? Neutral Face
Read 2365 times
10 Replies
HOPE*FAITH*LOVE

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
13 years ago
It is one of many things that I am proud of! Basically, every working person pays around 500 - 1000 dollars a year, otherwise it is free.
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
nini07 Author
wrote...
Donated
13 years ago
It is one of many things that I am proud of! Basically, every working person pays around 500 - 1000 dollars a year, otherwise it is free.
Thats it?  wow thats cheap. I want to move to Canada.
HOPE*FAITH*LOVE
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
Hey Nini, I've heard that the healthcare system in US is terrible, I mean you get charged for ever little thing, even a band-aid. The healthcare system in Canada is very good - it's universal, which means that everyone is entitled to the medical care they need. It is prioritized - that is, if you have an emergency situation you go to the head of the line. If you have necessary surgery, you are looked after promptly. If you have elective surgery, you might have to wait - but you will get it done. Cosmetic surgery - that is, getting wrinkles removed and boobs lifted, isn't covered but cosmetic surgery in the case of an accident, or a birth defect, is covered. It's a pretty great system. Drugs, however, are not free. If you have hepatitis, for instance, and you need medicine (which costs a ton of money), you will not be covered unless you have a drug plan - which technically every full time individual has.
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
13 years ago
There is no such thing as free health care. Somebody always pays. In the US, we have special programs for the very poor, elderly, and children. What the government wants to do is force everyone else to buy insurance even if they don't want it. The biggest number of people without insurance are the "illegal aliens". Under the program the government wants, we would be paying extra to help pay for their care. The working poor are the ones that need help the most. They make too much to get free care and too little to pay for their own. We need to help those people as well as people who cannot get insurance because they are already sick. There are many things we can do here to make health care less expensive so everyone could afford to be covered, but none of those things are in the plan the president wants. We have excellent medical care in America. People come here from all over the world including from countries where they could have 'free' health care to get medical help.
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
nini07 Author
wrote...
Donated
13 years ago
Hey Nini, I've heard that the healthcare system in US is terrible, I mean you get charged for ever little thing, even a band-aid. The healthcare system in Canada is very good - it's universal, which means that everyone is entitled to the medical care they need. It is prioritized - that is, if you have an emergency situation you go to the head of the line. If you have necessary surgery, you are looked after promptly. If you have elective surgery, you might have to wait - but you will get it done. Cosmetic surgery - that is, getting wrinkles removed and boobs lifted, isn't covered but cosmetic surgery in the case of an accident, or a birth defect, is covered. It's a pretty great system. Drugs, however, are not free. If you have hepatitis, for instance, and you need medicine (which costs a ton of money), you will not be covered unless you have a drug plan - which technically every full time individual has.
  WOW!! I like that idea... anytime you need other surgery you can just go to the states!! Slight Smile
HOPE*FAITH*LOVE
nini07 Author
wrote...
Donated
13 years ago
I do nOT agree with OBAMA"S Plan!! Our government has become a JOKE!!! LIke $15 for a bandaide.... over $200 for an IV!!
HOPE*FAITH*LOVE
wrote...
Donated
Trusted Member
13 years ago
There is no such thing as free health care. Somebody always pays. In the US, we have special programs for the very poor, elderly, and children. What the government wants to do is force everyone else to buy insurance even if they don't want it. The biggest number of people without insurance are the "illegal aliens". Under the program the government wants, we would be paying extra to help pay for their care. The working poor are the ones that need help the most. They make too much to get free care and too little to pay for their own. We need to help those people as well as people who cannot get insurance because they are already sick. There are many things we can do here to make health care less expensive so everyone could afford to be covered, but none of those things are in the plan the president wants. We have excellent medical care in America. People come here from all over the world including from countries where they could have 'free' health care to get medical help.

Buddy, you must be delusional: We have excellent medical care in America. We do have the technology, but the system sucks balls.
nini07 Author
wrote...
Donated
13 years ago
Buddy, you must be delusional: We have excellent medical care in America. We do have the technology, but the system sucks balls.
[/quote
Where I live in AMERICA: you have to go up NORTH to get treatment cause here you will DIE!! Dr.;s slack more and more each day. Hospitals are filthy and standard precautions are NOT used properly!!!
HOPE*FAITH*LOVE
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
13 years ago

Easy there, watch how you say things buddy
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
wrote...
13 years ago
Yes indeed..its really cheap in Canada
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1274 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite funny biology word?
Votes: 328

Previous poll results: Where do you get your textbooks?